"It's hell getting old" part 3

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Some of you may remember my other rants about getting old. This is a follow up in that sequence.

A few days ago I see a recommendation by John for Cranberries. Being a fan of the band, I go and order their CD on Amazon.

A minute later my phone beeps with a new text message from Amazon. I pull that up and it says my CD from Cranberries with exactly the same title was just delivered to our house!!! What the heck?

I am thinking it is a mistake in their system. I check my orders and to my horrors I see two orders for Cranberries, one three days back and hence the Prime delivery and one just a few minutes ago.

Now, bless their hearts, Amazon tells you when you have ordered something before. But did not work this time because these were two revisions of the CD.

Here is the earlier order:

Here is the recent one:

The only silver lining is that I ordered the second one used from UK or something so I am not out 2X the price.

How bad is this going to get guys? Not remembering that you ordered a CD just a few days back???

As my late grandfather in law would say, "it is hell getting old." :D

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Now, bless their hearts, Amazon tells you when you have ordered something before.

I wish HD Tracks would implement this feature.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
This symptom, if I remember right Amirm, is a perk of this hobby. It is for that matter an artifact for collectors in any genre that does not deal with items that are large or expensive. Duplicates just appear whether one gets old or not.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I have 6 copies of A Star Is Born. I know I bought one as my ex-wife was a huge Babs fan, but I swear I have no idea how the others appeared in my collection. The only thing I can think of is they were mixed in with some small bulk buys I did.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I use the program Music Collector from CollectorZ. I have added all of my music (CD's, Downloads and LP's) and it syncs with both iPhone and iPad so I have a listing of all of my music with me at all times. There are Windows versions too.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I use the program Music Collector from CollectorZ. I have added all of my music (CD's, Downloads and LP's) and it syncs with both iPhone and iPad so I have a listing of all of my music with me at all times. There are Windows versions too.
I just had a look at it and noticed that with the Pro version I can enter my own user-defined fields. This would be handy as the Standard version won't allow me (as far as I can tell) to enter deadwax Matrix data, and I most definitely want that information included.

audio-land

Member Sponsor
May 9, 2015
www.audio-land.net
It is one of side effects listening digital too much..:D

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It is one of the side effects of listening digital too much..:D
No doubt. I asked my doctor and he said it is called "digititis." Not believing him, I challenged him by saying that I thought "digit" in that refers to fingers, not digital music. He answered, "it was your fingers that ordered the duplicate CD, was it not?"

Made a lot of sense so I bought Ed's R2R music sampler tape. I already feel the positive effects.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I have 6 copies of A Star Is Born. I know I bought one as my ex-wife was a huge Babs fan, but I swear I have no idea how the others appeared in my collection. The only thing I can think of is they were mixed in with some small bulk buys I did.
Would be a little harder to forget that 911 in the garage or driveway. Now if a half dozen did appear not knowing why, I'd either be jumping for joy or very concerned.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
No doubt. I asked my doctor and he said it is called "digititis." Not believing him, I challenged him by saying that I thought "digit" in that refers to fingers, not digital music. He answered, "it was your fingers that ordered the duplicate CD, was it not?"

Made a lot of sense so I bought Ed's R2R music sampler tape. I already feel the positive effects.

The downside of that treatment is the inevitable tapeworm. Fortunately, that can be cured by developing a healthy vinyl fetish. :)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I just had a look at it and noticed that with the Pro version I can enter my own user-defined fields. This would be handy as the Standard version won't allow me (as far as I can tell) to enter deadwax Matrix data, and I most definitely want that information included.

Yep, you can create User Defined Fields. This is one of those programs I have used for years and they have really upped their game over the past couple of years.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Some of you may remember my other rants about getting old. This is a follow up in that sequence.
A few days ago I see a recommendation by John for Cranberries. Being a fan of the band, I go and order their CD on Amazon.
A minute later my phone beeps with a new text message from Amazon. I pull that up and it says my CD from Cranberries with exactly the same title was just delivered to our house!!! What the heck?
I am thinking it is a mistake in their system. I check my orders and to my horrors I see two orders for Cranberries, one three days back and hence the Prime delivery and one just a few minutes ago.
Now, bless their hearts, Amazon tells you when you have ordered something before. But did not work this time because these were two revisions of the CD.
Here is the earlier order:

Here is the recent one:

The only silver lining is that I ordered the second one used from UK or something so I am not out 2X the price.
How bad is this going to get guys? Not remembering that you ordered a CD just a few days back???
As my late grandfather in law would say, "it is hell getting old." :D

Lol Amir, it's funny. :b

* Sunny today where you are?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Yep, you can create User Defined Fields. This is one of those programs I have used for years and they have really upped their game over the past couple of years.
Good to hear, because when I first looked at them a few years back I wasn't taken with it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing