It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We went to see this movie today. Much different than I expected and much better than I expected.

Won't comment too much more so as not to give the plot away but it was enjoyable.

Good family movie, little bit of a tear jerker, not too sappy and good for the holiday season.

Tom Hanks was the perfect choice for Mr. Rogers, a kind and gentle soul.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We went to see this movie today. Much different than I expected and much better than I expected.

Won't comment too much more so as not to give the plot away but it was enjoyable.

Good family movie, little bit of a tear jerker, not too sappy and good for the holiday season.

Tom Hanks was the perfect choice for Mr. Rogers, a kind and gentle soul.

we saw the movie today and like you it was not anything what we had expected. Definitely a good family movie and Tom Hanks was superb in the role. He looks to have lost 20-30 lbs to do the role but how convincing he was

Having said that IMO the documentary done last year by Ron Howard was far better with even greater insight into Fred Rogers

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I will have to watch the Ron Howard film. Haven't seen it.

IMO it was much better than the movie. Ron Howard has done 2 excellent recent documentaries

Won't you be my Neighbor

Pavarotti

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We saw this yesterday and it was good but not great. Tom Hanks adds another fine performance to his already stellar resume.

As Steve noted it was different from what we expected and not at all a Bio Pic.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
We just saw this and thought it was great. It was a very unique way of portraying an unusual (and special) person.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing