It is hell getting old... Again!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I was on a European high-res site buying some titles and it recommended a nice album to me. Alas as is typical of their site they did not have the right to sell it to me in US. So I look on Prostudiomasters and I see it there at $25 vs just $15 at the European site.

http://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/5777
Tigran Hamasyan, Yerevan State Chamber Choir, Harutyun Topikyan

Available in 96 kHz / 24-bit AIFF and FLAC high-resolution audio formats

Unhappy about the much higher price, I remember that Prostudiomasters had given me a coupon good for one title up to $25 so I put the album in the cart and use the coupon.

I go to download it and the download manager would refuse to see it. I reinstall it, login in and out and nothing works. Prostudiomasters shows the transaction but the only way to download your content is through the download manager and it refuses to do so.

So I go on their site and start an email to their support line and as I type that, I get this bad feeling that maybe I had already bought the album. I go and search and there it is! I had bought it back in October!!! And where had I bought it from? Prostudiomasters! Hence the reason it was refusing to download as it was already in my download folder. Grrrrr....

So I fire off an email to them asking if they can revert the transaction. I see nothing from them in my email but my account shows the transaction voided! Good people they are to make up for my dumb moves.

I tell you... it is hell getting old....

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
It sure beats the alternative! If you really want to feel old, come back east and help me clear 20 inches of snow off my property. I will even let you use the snowblower for a bit! Thank god for the whole house generator.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I hear you :). I bought two snow blowers after the last time I struggled to clear the driveway. And what do you know? It has not snowed enough to ever use it anymore! Today is nearly 50 degrees and sunny. Translation: we are outside worshipping the deity that brought us that. :D Even had a rainbow earlier!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Getting old is like........awe hell, I forgot. :(

Tom

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amir, you have to slow down...you're going too fast...and it's not the first time. :D

Relax, listen to the music instead of buying the same stuff over again. Then you might remember what you listened to. ;-)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir, you have to slow down...you're going too fast...and it's not the first time. :D

Relax, listen to the music instead of buying the same stuff over again. Then you might remember what you listened to. ;-)
It is all going to be gone one day when we switch to electrodes feeding us music. The file formats are different for that. So I am hording all I can for that eventuality.

And I tell you as fly fisherman say, the fun is trying to catch the fish. Landing it is almost anti-climactic! It is incredibly fun to try and find the next piece of music to buy. Even buying this title for a second time was fun!

Yes, the psychology of this will baffle even the best human mind researchers. I have put it in my will that I am donating my brain to that cause once I pass. I figured they have to revive it first before studying it so I might get another shot at living.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
It sure beats the alternative! If you really want to feel old, come back east and help me clear 20 inches of snow off my property. I will even let you use the snowblower for a bit! Thank god for the whole house generator.
Keep us posted Joe.
The TV news over here says you've got 2 feet of snow on the way so the snowblower should prove to be a good buy.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I had the same experience as Amir. I bought the snowblower and then it didn't snow for 3 years. If has been put to good use the past few years though. We got the full house generator which is actually overbuilt for the house 3 years ago, so it is time for it to be put to good use. Looks like this weekend may be it. The good news is that even if the area loses power, I will still be able to listen to music all weekend and watch the EPL and NFL games. Football from both sides of the pond. The tea and scones will be ready!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It is all going to be gone one day when we switch to electrodes feeding us music. The file formats are different for that. So I am hording all I can for that eventuality.

And I tell you as fly fisherman say, the fun is trying to catch the fish. Landing it is almost anti-climactic! It is incredibly fun to try and find the next piece of music to buy. Even buying this title for a second time was fun!

Yes, the psychology of this will baffle even the best human mind researchers. I have put it in my will that I am donating my brain to that cause once I pass.
I figured they have to revive it first before studying it so I might get another shot at living.

If I would inherit someone else's brain I simply don't have any clue whatsoever of what I could do wit it. I would pass on that, and take the money and run instead.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I had the same experience as Amir. I bought the snowblower and then it didn't snow for 3 years. If has been put to good use the past few years though. We got the full house generator which is actually overbuilt for the house 3 years ago, so it is time for it to be put to good use. Looks like this weekend may be it. The good news is that even if the area loses power, I will still be able to listen to music all weekend and watch the EPL and NFL games. Football from both sides of the pond. The tea and scones will be ready!

Very mild winter here again in SE England.
No snow and hardly any frost. Still have geraniums in flower in the garden.
Hopefully Arsenal can finally beat Chelsea.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
It sure is mild. We were there over the new year and it was mid 40's the whole time. Taking the Picadilly out to Heathrow, we passed through a golf course and it looked very spring like. Can't wait to get back to your balmy weather in 4 weeks. As for the Gooners, I am on the other side of that as I am a member at Chelsea. It just won't be the same match without The Special One v. Wenger.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I hear you :). I bought two snow blowers after the last time I struggled to clear the driveway. And what do you know? It has not snowed enough to ever use
Know the feeling. Picked up a new Ariens in the fall a few years ago, not enough snow to use that winter. Though the last few years have easily made up for that.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
The view out of the side door. 13 inches and we are only half way through. Anyone want to shovel. It will be a life changing experience. I promise!

image.jpg

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Been there, done that. Your turn. ?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Once I hit 30 I started to travel extensively, pretty much every single week from Sunday/Monday to Thursday, so I contracted with a snow removal service as I couldn't let my then-wife deal with cleaning a 40ft driveway. I never looked back.

This is one monster storm, so wherever you are, please stay safe.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Once I hit 30 I started to travel extensively, pretty much every single week from Sunday/Monday to Thursday, so I contracted with a snow removal service as I couldn't let my then-wife deal with cleaning a 40ft driveway. I never looked back.
Hey that's clever! Alas we get snow so infrequently that I don't think such a service exists here.

This is one monster storm, so wherever you are, please stay safe.
Indeed. Best to hunker down and stay inside if work allows.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
The landscapers here love the snow as they are the ones doing the plowing. As I do my own landscaping, I do the snow too!

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
^^^ Same it's essentially my exercise without paying for a gym membership. Plus helping out neighbors who don't have a blower, such as in storms like the current one.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I should add that I used a service a few times but they kept f____ up the lawn. Never again.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I should add that I used a service a few times but they kept f____ up the lawn. Never again.
I had 6" high concrete siderails (curbs?) on both sides of my driveway.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing