Isolation for Kondo Overture pm-2i

Juiced

Nov 26, 2022
Looking to better improve my Kondo Overture pm-2i performance,
So i was wondering if there are any recommendations..

and Is it true over springy/floaty vibration control can "smudge" SQ especially with tube amplification?

Juiced

Nov 26, 2022

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
There are few space limitations of my stand (Quadraspire SVT) columns

View attachment 120222 View attachment 120223

i found a few 450x350 isolation base options

- Wellfloat 3545S
- TAOC SCB-RS-HC
- Acoustic Revive RST-38H
Acapella made custommade base ( dimensions) sounds phanstatic under the kondo overture. Ask there for price maybe the base intressting for you

Reactions: Juiced

Juiced

Nov 26, 2022
I've found two great solutions from Oyadie and Acoustic Revive,
and got great result with Quartz damping!

I didn't need to buy anything new as i already had the stuff.
Once in a while i get bored and do trail and error with the "Junk" I've accumulated over the years.

Acoustic Revive SIP-8Q (with QR-8 Quartz Resonators),

they have been plugged to the Overture for a couple of months now and when i unplug them, there is a sort of "Fuzziness" to the sound.
odd, but now i can't listen to the amp without them being plugged in as they add some sort of "Cleanliness" to the SQ.
I think the QR-8 Quartz Resonators have more do to with it then the SIP-8 termination.

Oyaide INS-BS + Oyaide INS-SQ,
I've tried just the INS-BS under the amp, 5 of them, as the Overture have five feet.
Didn't notice or felt anything special so back to the "junk" box they went.

A few months have passed and i got bored again and thought maybe i try a INS-BS + INS-SQ (smoky quartz) combo and for my amazement the effect was immediate, something definitely has change now!
SQ has gotten a bit more refined, tighten, better bass control..
Simply put the Overture got a bit more engaging and musical :)

20240319_181339_001.jpg 20240319_181504.jpg 20240319_181637.jpg 20240319_190757.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing