Is this for real?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Of course :)

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Coconut Audio seems to be calling the kettle black in regards to product integrity. Their products are among the most suspect I have seen online.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I stuck my finger up into the air, but I still cannot tell which way the wind is blowing on this one. From what I can tell, neither of the two men has a web presence of a personal nature that would make it possible to even draw an informed suspicion based on their past interactions with others, let alone a likely conclusion. No doubt that one is a guilty party, but...

The one thing I do know for sure is that bad guys don't do bad stuff just once. They are all repeat offenders.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The whole thing is a joke, as in being "coconuts."

If you look at their stuff closely, you can see it is fake, especially the heavy power cable that extends from your circuit breaker box to amplifiers. I have seen the Youtubes of his cables and now they are unfortunately private.

His "Grim Reaper power cord" ($200,000 not a typo) and all his other stuff is a joke. That aside, I guess most people would need a 10 meter line to extend from the fuse-box to the power amp.

In the now private youtube, you can see the power cord is jacketed by a shop vac hose and has normal everyday dryer plugs attached to the hose via heavy wide diameter shrink tubing.

He either has too much time on his hands and is laughing at us, or he is selling this ersatz stuff to people who should be donating their excess money to charity instead of giving it to him.

For your amusement, here is his website: http://www.coconut-audio.com/

http://www.coconut-audio.com/rattlesnake/power.htm

http://www.coconut-audio.com/rattlesnake/speaker.htm

PLEASE DON'T GIVE HIM ANY OF YOUR MONEY.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Audiophiles have shown an incredible tolerance for over the top products. SOme have quietly faded into oblivion but some continue to sell... At one point it was some stones that change your system, they are still selling, there was a specially treated Hair Dryer to treat CDs, there is Quantum things by Lossless that makes your system better and there is even a phone call to ameliorate your system ... Coconut Audio is one more and I am certain some have bought their products ... They may be too embarrassed to claim so. As for the discussions between Clement Perry and Yoav G. I must say I didn't read much of the exchange... I tend to think that such serious matter cannot be discussed on an open forum ...

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole affair is a publicity stunt. I saw the thread on the asylum a couple days ago, it was pulled rather fast. I met Mr. Perry for the first time at RMAF, he seemed pleasant enough. I've been on his site a couple times, that's about it. Sure was/is a lot of brouhaha over nothing much substantial, including that parody site Coconuts.

Soundminded

Apr 26, 2012
It is extremely dangerous to shout fraud in a crowded theater. Without real compelling evidence, this is how libel and slander lawsuits can get started. Where does incompetence end and real fraud begin? Usually where the lawyers review the advertising copy. When no actual claims of superiority are stated, merely inferred, where it is left to the target market's imagination to read more into what the ads and reviews actually say because it's what it wants to believe, there is no fraud, no conspiracy. An opinion is not the same as a statement of claimed fact. This is why these companies who make and sell this stuff and the magazine editors need those lawyers, to keep them out of legal trouble. My favorite quote comes from Atkinson in the clip below:

"Where does it end? Where does the science end and the silliness begin?...Steven you were there, you heard it..." I think he asked the question backwards. I think he should have asked "Where does the silliness end and the science begin?" For audiophiles (IMO includes anyone who has spent more money on equipment than on recordings) it doesn't. If nothing else, it's entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5VKvkd7WRc&feature=relmfu

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Hello Opus111,

I am rather slow and don't think clearly at my age. However, can you further clarify what you mean as you suggest Mr. Perry is clearly guilty as charged. You note his responses are bluster and deflection. Thanks sir.

jazzbo

opus111

Banned
Feb 10, 2012
Hangzhou, China
Happy to oblige on that Mr Jazzbo.

Firstly the claim by Mr Geva is that Mr Perry sent him an email where he implicitly threatened to harm Mr Geva's business. At no point is the veracity of this claim challenged. That email is the core of Mr Geva's argument that Mr Perry is abusing influence and Mr Perry has nothing whatsoever to say against it. Nor does he have any rebuttal for the claims about the subsequent phone calls where the 'slap in the face' is mentioned. Nada.

How does Mr Perry begin his defense? - by alleging that Mr Geva's claims are lies. But this is overstating his case as he can't know for sure that Mr Geva is lying, even if he is. At best he can state that Mr Geva is speaking falsehoods and explain where. But no such explanation is given for how he knows Mr Geva is lying. Nor is any suggested reason given for why Mr Geva might be engaged in such blatant deception.

Then he goes on to claim that emails have been falsified. Again this is beside the point - i.e. its deflection. The whole story about why he changed his mind about travelling merely supports what Mr Geva has claimed. Mr Perry gives more than one reason for why he changed his mind over the trip, which doesn't square well with his claim that his mother's stroke was the reason for cancelling at short notice.

Do you get the idea now?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Got it ,

Yet , 10k speaker cables ! I'm sorry and my condolences to anyone who requires a 10k speaker cable for good sound ..

:)

What 10K speakers cables have you compared to the lower priced alternatives?

Soundminded

Apr 26, 2012
What 10K speakers cables have you compared to the lower priced alternatives?

Myles, if your PHD is in electrical engineering, I strongly suggest you revisit the Telegrapher's Equation and Thevenin's Theorem. Use them to solve a few LCR problems and the most expensive supplier you'll ever go to will be Belden. Me, I'm more of a Home Depot/Dollar Store wire kinda guy. I save my real money for the more important things in life....women. ;)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Myles, if your PHD is in electrical engineering, I strongly suggest you revisit the Telegrapher's Equation and Thevenin's Theorem. Use them to solve a few LCR problems and the most expensive supplier you'll ever go to will be Belden. Me, I'm more of a Home Depot/Dollar Store wire kinda guy. (...)

Should we consider that we should not listen to Krell's CAST connecting system without revisiting Norton's Theorem?

Although I do not have a PhD in electrical engineering I could not resist to show to our members that I also know some nice very basic theorems ... ;) And I own expensive cables.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles, if your PHD is in electrical engineering, I strongly suggest you revisit the Telegrapher's Equation and Thevenin's Theorem. Use them to solve a few LCR problems and the most expensive supplier you'll ever go to will be Belden. Me, I'm more of a Home Depot/Dollar Store wire kinda guy. I save my real money for the more important things in life....women. ;)

And that answers my question how?

In science, it's all about developing a hypothesis and seeing if the data fits the model. If it doesn't, the model is wrong, not the data.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing