Is there really a good reason for Samsung and Apple fans to hate each other?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Wow! So much ... anger!! So much ... hate!! :) :) :)

Let's see what accessories you have to carry around with you to replicate the functionality of my X301 :)

- no built-in 3G modem? Right, you have to carry a USB 3G modem.
- no built-in CD/DVD burner? Righto, external CD/DVD burner then. And don't forget the power supply!
- no built in CF card reader? Yep, another one for the list.
- no built in RJ45 jack? Right, you need a USB to RJ45 adapter then!
- no GPS? Is GPS even available for the Mac?
- What's that? You're out of USB ports? Add a port replicator to that list!

Your slim Macbook isn't looking so slim with a bag bulging with accessories now, is it :)

Note that I can swap the CD/DVD burner for an extra battery if I need to. I just need to undo one screw, then the optical drive module slides out, and I can slide an auxillary battery in. Add to that the simplicity of servicing this thing. Soon after I bought the laptop, I decided to upgrade the memory. I ordered the RAM and Lenovo shipped it to me with instructions on how to install it. Simple - remove the battery, and the slot for the RAM is just sitting there. Same thing when I decided to upgrade the HDD to a SSD. I received the SSD in the mail and swapped it over myself. No need to visit a Smartarse Bar or whatever they call it.

Keith

Looking at you and Alexandre trying to convince one another of the virtues of one system vs another is tantamount to trying to slide a dew worm up a wildcat's a$$. It's never going to happen

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
LOL Steve, it depends on whether you are the type of person who enjoys trying to slide a dew worm up a wildcat's a$$ :) It's not the hope of achievement that keeps me going, I just enjoy doing it!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Wow! So much ... anger!! So much ... hate!! :) :) :)

Let's see what accessories you have to carry around with you to replicate the functionality of my X301 :)

- no built-in 3G modem? Right, you have to carry a USB 3G modem.
- no built-in CD/DVD burner? Righto, external CD/DVD burner then. And don't forget the power supply!
- no built in CF card reader? Yep, another one for the list.
- no built in RJ45 jack? Right, you need a USB to RJ45 adapter then!
- no GPS? Is GPS even available for the Mac?
- What's that? You're out of USB ports? Add a port replicator to that list!

Your slim Macbook isn't looking so slim with a bag bulging with accessories now, is it :)

Note that I can swap the CD/DVD burner for an extra battery if I need to. I just need to undo one screw, then the optical drive module slides out, and I can slide an auxillary battery in. Add to that the simplicity of servicing this thing. Soon after I bought the laptop, I decided to upgrade the memory. I ordered the RAM and Lenovo shipped it to me with instructions on how to install it. Simple - remove the battery, and the slot for the RAM is just sitting there. Same thing when I decided to upgrade the HDD to a SSD. I received the SSD in the mail and swapped it over myself. No need to visit a Smartarse Bar or whatever they call it.

I might've sounded angry, but I'm not, really :)
And my point is proven since, from all the trinkets you listed, I have no use for not a single one. None, zilch. I don't even carry a charger anymore when I got out with a MacBook, since I usually get a day's worth out of a full charge. And if I need to charge, there are enough Macs out there now that I can use someone else's charger, because, funny thing, Apple's chargers are standard across the line :p
As I said, it all that stuff makes you happy, more power to you. I'm not surprised, nor do I think you're alone in the world. There are tons of other people like you. BUT there are tons of others like me too, otherwise Apple wouldn't be selling that many Macs...

cheers,
alexandre

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Sure they can match Apple's cost structure; they just have to produce a product that a) Is going to sell all they can manufacture whether that particular retailer caries it or not, and b) they have to produce a product so desireable that it drives traffic for the store.

Tim
Please tell me why as a consumer I would want those hurdles there? Surely you don't think it is impossible to do better than Apple. Assuming that is technically possible, do you really wish to support and cheer the notions that stop that technological advance to get to you?

Let me ask you this. Let's say Apple's map stays as awful as it is now and Apple refuses to approve Google's map to be in its app store. Would you be fine with that situation?

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Let me ask you this. Let's say Apple's map stays as awful as it is now and Apple refuses to approve Google's map to be in its app store. Would you be fine with that situation?

Apparently some people are arguing that Apple's maps is supposed to be some genius strategic move by Apple! Link

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing