Is Rhiana the baddest b×××h on the planet?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Alright. I think tha tis enough Rhiana for now.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I get it it You think her music is "crap". You don't like her .You are never going to like her. Any further comment is beating a dead horse.

There are a number of female rock stars that I like, but my question is why are you taking this this one to heart? Do you represent her in some way or have a financial interest in her success?

I can't listen to Janis Joplin either. Her voice is one that just screeches along. Do you care that I don't like her?

I'm trying to understand why you have such an interest in the success of Rihanna.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
There are a number of female rock stars that I like, but my question is why are you taking this this one to heart? Do you represent her in some way or have a financial interest in her success?

I can't listen to Janis Joplin either. Her voice is one that just screeches along. Do you care that I don't like her?

I'm trying to understand why you have such an interest in the success of Rihanna.
Perhaps this post deserves more serious attention than I initially planned to give it.
Let's deal with the easiest part first. Her success is off the charts(pun intended). Fourteen Billboard Number ones and eight Grammys with no end in sight. She grossed $160 million with residuals lasting probably into old age. There is nothing I can do for her. I am reasonably confident she will never know I exist. My only motive is to have a little fun and share her recordings with others. I have no interest in Rhianas' success. I would love her just the same if she was performing just for me.
I am a big fan of Janis Joplin. I find it unfortunate that you don't like her. My appreciation for her is the emotion she puts into her music.

There is a boatload of music and artists I don't care for. Yet for the most part,t I find indifference a sufficient response to their work.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Her financial success is commendable. It is many times more than I can expect to earn.

You are right, Janis did put everything into her performances, I just don't like her voice and I find it grating.

Thank you for your reply to my last post.:)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
What I like about her is her ability to change up without fear.
She can be serious,sexy and playful and then she can jam. Moreover she can be all those things in one song. She is not afraid of change. Many times her style had changed so drastically I don't recognize her. Most artists find a groove and stay there.
As she gets older it wI'll be interesting to observe what artistic path she follows.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
one of my fave Rihanna songs - Unbrella. Album sounds great on vinyl as well

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Had forgotten about that track. Indeed was a wonderful one and a "classic."

Man! When we speak about different strokes .. After hearing this song and the lyrics (or absence thereof) I have been staying away from her ... Time to revisit .. maybe :)

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Face it: many of us are old, and are not necessarily plugged into the popular music scene as it exists today. Yeah, a lot of it is crap, but there was a lot of crap in ye good olde days, too.
Rhiana is sultry and can actually sing- unfortunately, the trend seems to be to use auto-tune not just to get the voice on note, but as an effect, used to excess in my estimation. Her duet with M&M was pretty good. Gaga is also very talented, whether you like her music is a whole other thing.
A lot of music today is like putting stuff in a blender- it isn't just sampling, as in the old days of rap/hip-hop, but combining old school soul with other sounds- from psych to metal to electronica, and making something new out of it. How much of it will endure? Dunno. Some of my favorite bands from the '60s and '70s are largely forgotten and were great musically, e.g. Spirit.
There's a lot out there that is worth exploring if you are adventurous enough; i've been discovering older reggae as well as new progressive rock. Lot's of fun. Female singer neo-soul ranks lower on my list largely because I like natural vocals- but some of the stuff, Outkast, Gnarls Barkley, is fun. Unfortunately, some of it is compressed to the max, so it isn't really a great listen, sonically.
PS: I heard a song today at the gym with the refrain "I wanna be like Kayne." I think it was tongue in cheek, at least I hope so.....

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
i like her in many ways, but none of them have to do with her singing talent ;)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I quite like Selena Gomez new album. sounds not too bad on vinyl.

25625719753_e11178b362_b.jpg

Ptplayers

Feb 14, 2011
She seems to be talented for her young beautiful age...she strikes some chords.

She's my type, not the music though.

I have been streaming her latest on Tidal and as much as i hate to admit it , i actually like this album and if it was released on vinyl which none of her stuff is i would buy it .

She has put out allot of garbage though .

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I have been streaming her latest on Tidal and as much as i hate to admit it , i actually like this album and if it was released on vinyl which none of her stuff is i would buy it .

She has put out allot of garbage though .

Good Girl Gone Bad was released on vinyl and is still available. Sound is good.

Recordsguy

Sep 6, 2015
I don't know if she's the baddest, but she has the biggest forehead in music, maybe she's an alien.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I don't know if she's the baddest, but she has the biggest forehead in music, maybe she's an alien.
she is drop dead gorgeous!
She does not have the biggest forehead. It just shows more of here her beautiful face. There are plenty of big foreheads in show business. That does not even count receding hairlines.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing