Is it too late?

What would you NEVER change about your system?

• Analog playback

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Digital playback

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Speakers

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Playback room

• Amplifier

• Cables

• Playback Source

• Nothing is sacred. I would change anything as long as I like it.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No thanks. I wouldn't change a thing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The music

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
We all love our systems. We love how it brings music into our lives. Even though accurate music reproduction can be challenging, how long does it take before the listener thinks his version the reproduction is best and any change just sounds wrong? Even when the listener's system changes for the better (objectively better), is it ever too late? Are some of us stuck on how our system sounds such that any improvement will simply be lost on us?

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I forgot to mention that you can vote for more than one choice and this poll does not reveal the voters' names.
Michael.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
The music

One can always buy new gear and used gear depreciates. Good vinyl appreciates :D

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I chose MUSIC as well.

It's all about the music for me and always has been. Although my collection is not overly large, I have many OOP titles that are simply irreplaceable and I'm sure have appreciated in value. They ain't going anywhere though.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Perhaps if I owned the system I listened to yesterday - Wilson Audio XLF with the top Constellation mono-blocks and preamplifier series 2, Metronome Kalista Signature and C8, all Nordost Odin cables in a great room perhaps I would have considered answering "the music". But although it was really some of the best reproduced sound I have ever listened, I know that soon I would love to change a few thinks ... ;)

And yes, the Wilson Audio XLF are much better than I ever though!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll always be changing so I guess whatever is around me will change along with my changes. Nothing sacred but I have no regrets either.

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I'll always be changing so I guess whatever is around me will change along with my changes. Nothing sacred but I have no regrets either.

I feel the same way for the most part. I think some folks believe change just means the former setup was a mistake and somehow reflects negatively on them or other parts of their system. I don't think any of us have all the answers or even fully know where the music will take us in the future.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing