MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I'm not sure this is really news. The connection between severe inflammatory diseases and higher cancer risk in the areas of inflammation is pretty well known, I think. Get colitis bad enough, and they'll remove your colon as a preventative measure. Severe stuff.

Tim

I think the article talks about that and it being a correlation but this is the first study where they've looked at things genetically.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
You guys are both right :)
This article is a new single piece (obtained through mouse genetics) in the identification of inflammatory players which might promote tumorigenesis. Such these studies have been pioneered by Michael Karin's lab in the past 10 years. Obviously, the more are the targetable candidates, the better it is in the perspective of innovative drugs/prevention.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing