Integrated amp suggestions

RCDAVE

Feb 15, 2012
Ahhh, very nice! Transferable warranties are something special imo. Especially when selling a piece of gear that is transferable. Good for you, Gary!

Imperial

Mar 6, 2012
Norway
In keeping with the NAD theme, I might suggest to have a look at the very versatile NAD C390 DD Integrated amplifier.
I'm sure it sound just dandy,and it has a built in equalizer so one can adjust say the base to perfection.
It is really nifty, there are HDMI inputs, outputs and a Phono stage, both you can purchase as extras down the line.
It's got a very decent DAC, as it is the little brother to NAD M2, the famed big brother that is. You could connect the CD player digitally
It might be more pricey than the other contenders here...
A Norwegian Hifi magazine filmed this little something of the designer taking the audience for a spin.

Imperial

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
uh, uh,uh, that NAD rep is a terrible speaker.

RCDAVE

Feb 15, 2012
Yeah, I've thought about buying an NAD like the 375BEE, but I've owned 2 other NAD amps before, and I have an NAD right now. So I'm looking to change it up a bit. I guess you could say that I'm a little NAD'd out.:D

RCDAVE

Feb 15, 2012
Haha, I was going to say that I'm tired of NADs lol

You know, the more I think about it, and the more forums and reviews that I read, I always seem to come back to the Rogue Cronus. I'm really wondering how it would stack up against the Simaudio and the Roksan. Keep in mind, that I don't have a preference for tubes or SS. I've had really good experiences with both. It's just that something keeps telling me that the Rogue might be something special, and possibly even better than the Sim or Roksan. There's no way of knowing that for sure of course, but it's just a feeling, you know?

Anybody have experience with the Rogue?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Since you like warm sound, steer clear of SimAudio. Cold as ice.

Cary, rogue, and vtl all make basic integrateds you can find cheap.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Interesting because I just reread Dave's first original post (our OP here),
and from what he's saying ('bout his loudspeakers & his overall taste),
and also from the few reviews I read by pro reviewers,
the Simaudio Moon i-1 integrated amplifier seems to be the perfect match.

According to Robert J. Reina, from Stereophile, on the Moon i-1:
he noted an occasional excess of midbass warmth, and he was surprised by the Moon i-1's
"lifelike realism and ability to unravel gobs of midrange detail."

And John Atkinson was impressed by the Simaudio Moon i-1's graceful balance of strengths.

* The full review can be found right here.

** And here's another review.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Gary -How about asking the dealer to fill the warranty card out for them/ I assume there is one of those little packets taped on the outside of the box.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Gary -How about asking the dealer to fill the warranty card out for them/ I assume there is one of those little packets taped on the outside of the box.

Unfortunately, that's even less likely. There's no benefit to the dealer, and they may think that it would require them to support the customer for the next 5 years.....

SoundQcar

Oct 12, 2011
Half Moon Bay, Ca
Since you like warm sound, steer clear of SimAudio. Cold as ice.

Cary, rogue, and vtl all make basic integrateds you can find cheap.

To that end....the VTL IT-85 is a superb sounding integrated that will drive a lot of speakers, and another plus is that it is one of the very best headphone amps I have ever heard.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
I don't know what your budget is, but here is one little integrated amplifier that i was about to buy just before i was offered a GREAT deal from my friend and manager at Audioville a Chord dealer in Montreal simply could not refuse a very good price on a Chord CPM-2600 that was being replaced by a newer model the CPM-2650 the store bought everything left of the older models and sold them very close to COST price.

This amp came out the winner in a head to head shootout against the more expensive McIntosh MA-7000 ( I WAS VERY VERY SURPRISED. )

Classé CAP-2100 SWEET SWEET SWEET.

Classe CAP-2100.jpg

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Andre, Dave's budget (the OP), from his first original post, is $1,500-2,000. :b

How much (MSRP) is the Classe CAP-2100 integrated amp? ...Fabulous looker! :cool:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
---Andre, Dave's budget (the OP), from his first original post, is $1,500-2,000. :b

How much (MSRP) is the Classe CAP-2100 integrated amp? ...Fabulous looker! :cool:

Around $2,500.00 ( Used )

Last edited:

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Wow, that is tres tres raisonnable! I think that Dave (our OP) should highly consider it.
Besides, I'm sure he can get a discount on it. :b

Andre, does it have a Phono stage preamp section?

Sorry i forgot to mention that price is USED new is $5,495.00, phono stage is $500.00 extra

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
YBA makes an integrated i believe. Passion line is their reference level. Second-hand?

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing