Independence Day: Resurgence Official Trailer #1 (2016) -

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
3D camera work was top notch at the very least. The dark palette consistent with ID4. I found the creature work to be pretty good as well. Comparable to Prometheus. Oh dang I can't help myself.....

WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE FRICKIN" SUPERSIZING?!!!!!! AAAAARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I just finished reading today's comment posts from this thread, and it reflects some extensive reviews I've read about this flick from other sites.
Was there a philosophical message in ID4 2? :D

* If people now are falling asleep (old farts like us) during big blockbuster movies loaded with alien CGI effects and noises to wake up the dead; then it's time to revise our life's priorities and return to the drawing board in the goal to resurrect the dead (us) with stuff that makes sense instead of non-sense (kids stuff). :D ...LOL

I have zero incentive, but just to have a nap I might go for it...and in 3D. :b

Good one; now we go to to the movies to have an entertaining [strike]time[/strike] nap. Well folks, we're getting old. :D

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
For being an actor in one single movie, and having fun for few weeks! ...Well, it's a well paid job for some...and greed has nothing to do with it...I guess. :rolleyes:

He sucked in the first one Bob, as did the movie IMO! Haven't been to any of his movies since!

david

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I just finished reading today's comment posts from this thread, and it reflects some extensive reviews I've read about this flick from other sites.
Was there a philosophical message in ID4 2? :D

* If people now are falling asleep (old farts like us) during big blockbuster movies loaded with alien CGI effects and noises to wake up the dead; then it's time to revise our life's priorities and return to the drawing board in the goal to resurrect the dead (us) with stuff that makes sense instead of non-sense (kids stuff). :D ...LOL

I have zero incentive, but just to have a nap I might go for it...and in 3D. :b

Good one; now we go to to the movies to have an entertaining [strike]time[/strike] nap. Well folks, we're getting old. :D

I came into this excited Bob. You know how I left. If I were to describe this flick in one sentence this would be it.

It was nothing but a blatant money grab. I honestly feel bad for the technical crews even if they did get paid. All their hard work went into a movie poorly written and poorly acted.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I came into this excited Bob. You know how I left. If I were to describe this flick in one sentence this would be it.

It was nothing but a blatant money grab.

Worse than Jurassic World?

david

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Worse than Jurassic World?

david

David you know how my beef with Jurassic Park and all it's sequels and reboots is how they were supposed to be stories about science but ignored science anyway? Velocraptors were the size of Turkeys for example. Well, this takes supersizing your monsters and their apparatus to an extent literally magnitudes greater. Oh heck this is in the trailer anyway. They put an Alien ship that is ....get this.....over twenty percent the size of the planet's entire surface are. Something that big lands, even ever so slowly, it's the end. Period. What the heck? Like Jurassic World it's another case of Super Sizing just for the sake of it. That isn't the only thing they supersized either. Hey, knock off Godzilla or Pacific Rim too, why not? I've come to realize that man, I just didn't get bored with this movie, I think I actually hate it.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
kinda sad, but the only two blockbusters I'm looking forward to this summer are Jason Bourne and Star Trek - and I have a bad feeling the latter isn't going to be good.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
David you know how my beef with Jurassic Park and all it's sequels and reboots is how they were supposed to be stories about science but ignored science anyway? Velocraptors were the size of Turkeys for example. Well, this takes supersizing your monsters and their apparatus to an extent literally magnitudes greater. Oh heck this is in the trailer anyway. They put an Alien ship that is ....get this.....over twenty percent the size of the planet's entire surface are. Something that big lands, even ever so slowly, it's the end. Period. What the heck? Like Jurassic World it's another case of Super Sizing just for the sake of it. That isn't the only thing they supersized either. Hey, knock off Godzilla or Pacific Rim too, why not? I've come to realize that man, I just didn't get bored with this movie, I think I actually hate it.

I can see from your write up Jack that you enjoyed Jurassic World as much as I did!

Now I know what you watch, give Penny Dreadful a chance.

david

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
kinda sad, but the only two blockbusters I'm looking forward to this summer are Jason Bourne and Star Trek - and I have a bad feeling the latter isn't going to be good.

Keith we're on same page with Star Trek, the last one was for 13 year olds and outside of Uhura don't care for any of the other characters.

david

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

The first three words I uttered walking out of the theater yesterday were "i hated it"

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
i'm going to see the Shallows instead this week :)

Me too. I've enjoyed simple shark plot movies with 'shallow' plots through the years. :D

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
The first three words I uttered walking out of the theater yesterday were "i hated it"
This has been the worst year for movies I can remember. Off the top of my head there isn't one I can remember that has been must see or Oscar nomination worthy. I had not plans on seeing ID2 so instead went and saw Now You See Me 2. That was crappy also. The best movie lately has been Eye In The Sky.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's funny to read the comments; we all know that a film with a title like ID4 - Resurgence is a big Hollywood movie grab.

And this: "No Will Smith this time. Apparently he asked for $50 million to reprise his role."

How do you evaluate an actor; by his true actor talent or by what he can rake for the movie studio, FOX, @ the box office?
Lol, other countries reading this must think that Hollywood movie world is completely nuts!

It ain't that bad; just look @ North Korea's film industry, China, India, Hong Kong, ...they all have their own blockbusters.
We all have different style of movies across the globe for all taste.

It's just too bad that ID4 number 2 was such a disappointment. And they are already talking about a third one! :eek: Lol

* You guys I trust on your movie taste, in general. And there are others too from other sites. And I tell you this; you all have the same impression on that film...thumbs down. Oh well, back to Batman. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing