Independence Day: Resurgence Official Trailer #1 (2016) -

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
spoiler alert ... wondering if these bigger, smarter, nastier aliens upgraded to Win10 without virus protection.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I thought the first one was great too!

I see Jeff Goldblum occasionally with his wife in the Equinox gym at Sunset Plaza.

TBone asks an excellent question!

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am looking forward to this movie, too.

No Will Smith this time. Apparently he asked for $50 million to reprise his role. :eek:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I am looking forward to this movie, too.

No Will Smith this time. Apparently he asked for $50 million to reprise his role. :eek:

For being an actor in one single movie, and having fun for few weeks! ...Well, it's a well paid job for some...and greed has nothing to do with it...I guess. :rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw this trailer on big screen. Wow. Can't wait to see it. I like the first one.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw it today and fell asleep on some parts. Am disappointed it was not as good as the first one. Sort of like a 2012/Aliens/Star Wars movie rolled into one. Wasn't too entertaining either. The trailer was much better.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I saw Independence Day last week. It was not as bad as I had heard not as good as I wished. Definitely not as good as the first.

Had trouble quantifying a space ship that was 3,000 miles across parked above the earth.

Well, I guess I have to admit the whole movie was a bit unbelievable.

OK, it was stupid....but mostly fun to watch for a couple of hours. Mostly.

Bad news was they set up many sequels to come.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I saw Independence Day last week. It was not as bad as I had heard not as good as I wished. Definitely not as good as the first.

Had trouble quantifying a space ship that was 3,000 miles across parked above the earth.

Well, I guess I have to admit the whole movie was a bit unbelievable.

OK, it was stupid....but mostly fun to watch for a couple of hours. Mostly.

Bad news was they set up many sequels to come.

We saw it yesterday and I fought to stay awake.I was really wanting to see it as I enjoyed the first 20 years ago. This was a movie that should never have been made. I also understand that it had a $165M budget. What a waste

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My sentiments exactly. It was cheesier than the first one. I have lots to say but I don't want to be a spoiler.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I am glad to see that I am not the only one to fall asleep during the movie. We went to a 10:30 am showing and there was about 10 of us in the theater. I woke up in the morning with back spasms and walked down to the front handicapped row and utilized 3 seats to lay flat and in as much pain as I was in I fell asleep only to be woken up by explosions.
The movie took foreeeever to get going. The attempts at humor were feeble at best. All I want out of a movie like that is entertainment, nothing more nothing less and it failed at that.

Same with Civil War, I just want entertainment, that is all. The underlying (or not so) political/humanitarian message throughout destroyed the movie for me. Should have seen it coming when Thor took off to go find himself and discover the meaning of eternal life! :eek:

Approaching future Marvel movies with extreme caution.

So yes, I was not impressed with ID at all other than the CGI, and expected is more the word I was looking for on the CGI.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Interesting comments. The first one bored me to death, and was stupid to boot. And that is from someone who loves sci-fi. Guess I will Netflix this one, versus purchase.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
so you got to go as well with the family huh Jack :)

Yup. Wife and all my kids. You have PM. I'll post it after a week or two, again don't want to be a spoiler.

What kills me is I'm no high brow film lover. This however still managed to have me feeling insulted intelligence wise.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am glad to see that I am not the only one to fall asleep during the movie. We went to a 10:30 am showing and there was about 10 of us in the theater. I woke up in the morning with back spasms and walked down to the front handicapped row and utilized 3 seats to lay flat and in as much pain as I was in I fell asleep only to be woken up by explosions.
The movie took foreeeever to get going. The attempts at humor were feeble at best. All I want out of a movie like that is entertainment, nothing more nothing less and it failed at that.

Same with Civil War, I just want entertainment, that is all. The underlying (or not so) political/humanitarian message throughout destroyed the movie for me. Should have seen it coming when Thor took off to go find himself and discover the meaning of eternal life! :eek:

Approaching future Marvel movies with extreme caution.

So yes, I was not impressed with ID at all other than the CGI, and expected is more the word I was looking for on the CGI.

I have compared in my mind this new Independence Day to the most recent remake of Godzilla. Both were totally lame and neither should have been made

For a film that cost $165M to make, it only made $40M on this opening weekend.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
This one will not be in theaters long and out on disc soon.

BlueFox find something else to spend the time watching when it hits Netflix, especially with your views on the first one.

This was a B movie with an unlimited budget.

Nobody loves B movies more than me, but I love B movies that know they are and make no attempt to hide that fact.:p:D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Outside of the CGI, try as hard as I might, I can't think of anything remotely redeeming.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing