Ideon Audio Absolute DAC - anyone heard it?

BlomAUdio

Nov 29, 2019
Hello everybody! Greetings from sunny Athens! This is George (Giorgos in Greek), co-founder and CEO of Ideon Audio. Thank you for your interest in our sound. We all are in synch, being music lovers first of all. We will be in Munich show (in both shows actually) and I will be very happy to meet in-person anyone visiting. :cool:
Hello George, this is Martin, i am the owner of your full Absolute stack (Absolute E dac, Absolute stream and Absolute time). I hav send severall messages with a question concerning the streamer. Unfortunatlly no response untill now. CAn you help me?

geoli

Sep 6, 2021
Athens, Greece
Hello George, this is Martin, i am the owner of your full Absolute stack (Absolute E dac, Absolute stream and Absolute time). I hav send severall messages with a question concerning the streamer. Unfortunatlly no response untill now. CAn you help me?
Hello martin, thanks for letting me know. We have not received any message from you though. Did you send it to info@ideonaudio.com ?
Please use this or george@ideonaudio.com. We are here to help you off course on any questions you might have. Thanks

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Before the end of the year we are going to also announce our new Suite (DAC, Streamer, Re-Clocker) that will cover the gap between the Ayazi DAC and the I?N DAC.
Hi Giorgos,
please can you share some info about these new EOS series :)
Thank you

Matt

Last edited:

geoli

Sep 6, 2021
Athens, Greece
Hi Giorgos,
please can you share some info about these new EOS series :)
Thank you

Matt
Hi Matt,
It's a down-scaled of the Absolute line, especially the EOS Stream.
The DAC will be also hyperstream technology and the EOS Time will be an improved version of the Master Time.

One very important aspect of this new line is that most probably will be produced using a totally new material (based on Aluminum oxide) which has far better sound qualities that any other material we have tried. If everything goes ok we will start making almost all lines from this new exciting material.
In the next 40 days the Stream and Time will ship and after February the new EOS DAC.
Thanks
Best
George

PS. EOS STream and Time were launched in the 2022 Capital Audio Fest in their World premier and the feedback was super great !!!

"Top Inspirational Systems.
...Acora Acoustics QRC-1 loudspeaker ($28,000) + Ideon Audio ION DAC ($18,000), EOS Stream ($9000), EOS Time ($6000) + Hegel P30A preamplifier ($8995) + Hegel H30A stereo amplifier ($18,998 + Cardas/Ideon cables.

A world-class system for under $100k—one that will play “big” even in a large room.

...the U.S. introduction of the Greek manufacturer’s new mid-priced line of digital electronics, including the ION DAC ($18,000), the EOS Stream ($9000), and the EOS Time reclocker ($6000). The technology and build-quality were very much in line with the company’s exalted Absolute products, and they contributed importantly to the successful debut of the new Acora speakers"
The Absolute Sound.

BlomAUdio

Nov 29, 2019
Hello martin, thanks for letting me know. We have not received any message from you though. Did you send it to info@ideonaudio.com ?
Please use this or george@ideonaudio.com. We are here to help you off course on any questions you might have. Thanks
Hi George,

Thanks for reaching out to me. I am building my setup this week with the Absolute E DC, Absolute Stream and Absolute time.

Cheers,
Martin

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Yes, very very close to this
Hi,
will it be possible to listen to the EOS line of products at HE Munich or Hifideluxe this year?
Thx

Matt

geoli

Sep 6, 2021
Athens, Greece
Hi,
will it be possible to listen to the EOS line of products at HE Munich or Hifideluxe this year?
Thx

Matt
Hi Matt.
The eos devices will be shown in Munich in our stand. It will be a static stand though BUT with speakers playing at low volumes and a headphone amp, so you may have a first experience with them.
Next week we are shipping the first eos devices to the States, so you can check with Michael Vamos from Audio Skies to arrange an audition or see them during Axpona.
Thanks
George

• Sad
Reactions: matthias

geoli

Sep 6, 2021
Athens, Greece
Yes, very very close to this
Hi Matt.
We now start shipping eos devices around the World.
Anyone attending the High End Munich 23 next week, will also have the chance to listen to them there.
IDEON AUDIO - HALL 4 T17
Thanks
best
George

Attachments

• eos-dac-352-2.png
    eos-dac-352-2.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Gregm and matthias

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Anyone attending the High End Munich 23 next week, will also have the chance to listen to them there.
IDEON AUDIO - HALL 4 T17
Hi George,
please change it to "2023":

Ideon Audio was certainly always ahead of time :cool:

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: geoli and Gregm

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
Hi George,
please change it to "2023":

Matt
:D I wouldn't mind being 10 years younger!

• Haha
Reactions: matthias

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
One very important aspect of this new line is that most probably will be produced using a totally new material (based on Aluminum oxide) which has far better sound qualities that any other material we have tried. If everything goes ok we will start making almost all lines from this new exciting material.
Hi George,
please can you shed some light on whether the new EOS line products are produced using this new material?
I didn't find any info about on your homepage.
Thx

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: eskamobob1

geoli

Sep 6, 2021
Athens, Greece
Hi George,
please can you shed some light on whether the new EOS line products are produced using this new material?
I didn't find any info about on your homepage.
Thx

Matt
Thanks for bringing this up Matt. Actually, (as we do with everything we produce) we thoroughly tested this new material that I was talking about. The very first tests that we did, were on big surfaces. When we applied this material in the smaller eos parts, in order to come up with those good sound qualities, the special processing needed would make the product much more expensive. For this line it proved not feasible at the end. It has to be in large surface with a considerable volume for this material to make sonically sense.... But we have it in mind for the future.
By the way, everybody loved the eos system in High End Munich 2023 !!! It provides super performance for its price but also regardless of it.
Thanks
George

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
@geoli

Hi George,

what would be musically superior:

1.) EOS TIME with a certain DAC (which I like)
2.) EOS DAC (without EOS TIME)

Thanks for your advice :)

Matt

geoli

Sep 6, 2021
Athens, Greece
@geoli

Hi George,

what would be musically superior:

1.) EOS TIME with a certain DAC (which I like)
2.) EOS DAC (without EOS TIME)

Thanks for your advice :)

Matt
Don't know your DAC or setup to comment.

But the eos Time (as all of our re-clockers) can improve ANY DAC, regardless of price and brand, even our own DACs.
It is designed for this reason.

The eos DAC is a great sounding DAC, certainly much more by a wide margin than what it's price suggests...

eskamobob1

Jan 7, 2022
Don't know your DAC or setup to comment.

But the eos Time (as all of our re-clockers) can improve ANY DAC, regardless of price and brand, even our own DACs.
It is designed for this reason.

The eos DAC is a great sounding DAC, certainly much more by a wide margin than what it's price suggests...
Hello George,

Looking at your website I can't seem to figure out where the eos line fits in your lineup. Any chance you can comment on the rough "tiers" of your product lines? Ayazi is clearly the bottom but I can't figure out how eos, ion, and absalute are positioned at first look tbh

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
Hello George,

Looking at your website I can't seem to figure out where the eos line fits in your lineup. Any chance you can comment on the rough "tiers" of your product lines? Ayazi is clearly the bottom but I can't figure out how eos, ion, and absalute are positioned at first look tbh
While waiting for George's reply and having visited the Ideon booth in Munich, here is my understanding: Ayazi, EOS, Ion, Absolute. There is also a two-box Absolute Time extreme which I would love to listen to.

BTW, I have listened to the EOS set and it's very good, subjectively speaking an easy end-game digital front end for a normal (i.e. an average hi-end) system. The price IIRC at 25k, while not peanuts, is not prohibitive for a full stack digital front end.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing