Ideon DAC

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Is Ideon DAC any good? compared to Pillium Elektra?

Last edited:

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
Which Ideon DAC are you referring to?

For what it's worth, I happened to sit down with a friend and compare two Ideon DACS -- the beginner Ayazi & the top model Absolute Epsilon -- to an Elektra.

To make a long story short: Absolute was deemed by both of us to be way better in all respects: bass extension, bass energy and resolution, dynamics, clarity, imaging, timbres, fluidity, etc. -- in a different performance category altogether.

We switched the devices about 12hrs in advance, we listened mainly to classical, with Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd & Sinatra thrown in as well.

As always, please note that this is a subjective opinion, based on an evening of auditioning and enjoyment.

I found the Elektra well constructed, as is the Absolute.

Reactions: Uwiik

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
It’s for the Absolute Epsilon. Thanks for the insight, I am going to do direct comparison this week.

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
It’s for the Absolute Epsilon. Thanks for the insight, I am going to do direct comparison this week.
Cool! Make sure to leave them on for a while before critical listening -- especially the Epsilon. I find the high frerquencies improve further after a few hours (but maybe I'm imagining things!)

Reactions: Uwiik

tonypdb

Jan 4, 2015
HI, Curious to know if you did a comparison and what are your thoughts on the differences between the two DAC's?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing