I received this pic last night, enjoy!

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
I see one turntable on the right is an Empire and see the preamp is a Marantz 7 or 7T... can't make out make of the R2R though...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I see one turntable on the right is an Empire and see the preamp is a Marantz 7 or 7T... can't make out make of the R2R though...

Crown?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
The spkrs look like Westlake, tuner is Scott, RtR looks Akai - but I could be wrong on all three.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Are those Bozak speakers on either side of the piano?

That's a friggin organ! How retro is that! Wonder if that model has the Polka presets. LOL. :D

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I suspect the acoustics of putting those big horns in that little sunken space are dubious, but it sure is cool.

Tim

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I wonder if the TV sound was routed in some way to the audio equipment ...

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Way cool. Multi-media mid 60's style. Ya, dude could watch Lawrence Welk and jam to the polka party! Ever see Elvis' TV room at Graceland? Sorta plywood cutouts for the equipment, nothing very high end, though he did have another rig (if memory serves, it was in the handball court which is now part of the museum) which did have some Crown stuff.
Don Draper would feel very comfortable in that room.

v5OhxSJu

Aug 15, 2012
Scott 4310

I should say all-time top Tube tuner. If you want to know whether it's better than the 312, you need to send it to me for evaluation! :)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
That's a great photo. The scene looks like the early 1960's.

It's interesting how time changes perspective on things.

It's very cool and retro now, almost antique.

But in the 1980's it was just plain OLD.

In twenty (or less) years, the equipment we treasure will also be OLD.

In fifty years it will be cool again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing