I don't know how you did it but thank you everyone!!!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The queen of jazz Vocals

the reigning queen of jazz. Not only is she an a consumate musician and jazz historuan She has a voice like a glass os sparkling cchampagne. Not the least bit afraid to mix it up with the band.
At this moment and for awhile she is at the top of the heap. Enjo.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Harry Belafonte Live at Carnegie Hall

An Audiophile Delight harryB.jpg http://www.hdtracks.com/audiophile-picks/belafonte-at-carnegie-hall

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ezcellent Jazz fudion/Thanks

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thank you for keeping the recommendations coming. I already have this and gave it 5 stars in my library and "heart" flag for the tracks meaning I like them :).

What's more, track 2, "You don't Know What Love Is" is part of my Audiophile track list meaning it is reference quality in my system.

Likely I am the only one who did not have this album. But just in case you are in the same boat as me, run, don't walk to put this in your cart. You owe yourself some present in this holiday season! :)

LarsS

Nov 11, 2014
Stockholm
Here's a young Swedish jazz singer, Isabella Lundgren, that's really worth a listening. She recently won the 2015 prize as jazz singer of the year in Sweden, available on Tidal.

"Somehow life got in the way"
Isabella.jpg

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Lovely stuff Lars. She has incredible control of the notes and timing:

The Amazon CD is out of stock and at whopping $37! So no downloads at my favorite sites. I will likely buy an import version through Amazon.

Thank you very much as always.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Amir - I noticed you liked the Alice In Chains - Unplugged album. You might try the Nirvana - Unplugged in New York album. I don't know what's available in digital, but I highly recommend it.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Johnny. I actually bought Alice in Chains when I went to buy Nirvana per the other thread Greg reported! Have not yet listened though. Will do that next :).

I also bought the 2-CD sampler of MTV unplugged. Any others worth buying of that series?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi Johnny. I actually bought Alice in Chains when I went to buy Nirvana per the other thread Greg reported! Have not yet listened though. Will do that next :).

I also bought the 2-CD sampler of MTV unplugged. Any others worth buying of that series?

I don't have that many as I am pretty much vinyl exclusive and only a few were released in that format. If you like R.E.M. there are 2 Unplugged albums out there. One from 1991 and the other 10 years later in 2001. Another I have on vinyl is Bob Dylan. Oh, and the Paul McCartney is great!

LarsS

Nov 11, 2014
Stockholm
Amir,

Friday evening in Stockholm and day after - dinner of dinners, party of parties & banquets of banquets, the Nobel Banquet where your country was represented (as usual) in abundance. For the first time ever since 1901 contemporary music was performed as divertissements.

So, here you go, not jazz but a very talented Swedish female singer celebrating the 2015 Nobel Laureates yesterday evening in Stockholm - - > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KBjo09dcKc

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's superb music Lars. I am happy to see that both left and right part of the brain were represented at the event. And the talent from good country of yours that also gave us the gift of Nobel prize.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
BTW I am researcher Anna Ternheim performances on CD to see which one to buy. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing