I Am A Ukrainian, This Needs To Go Viral

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I am not a Ukrainian. But, the creator of this video is and it should make us all feel like we are. Watch it. Share it. Send it to your representatives. It’s not your problem. True. But all of our collective voices might be part of the solution.

If our shows of support as Europeans and Americans are weaker than Russia’s desire for control, the political ramifications of that will be felt. This simple, but powerful message has not gone viral the way videos of cats and laughing babies do — and it probably won’t, unless we do our best to make sure as many people as possible see it pop up on their news feeds.

This woman is brave and her message is clear. I dare you not to be moved by it.

(By Danielle Ryan )

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
You need to do more research about who exactly funded and produced the video. There's nothing Ukrainian Grassroots about it, unfortunately it's ultra-wealthy foreign interests attempt at propaganda.

Well hopefully this AM's news bodes well. Let's hope it lasts longer than the truce the other day. We'll have to see what reforms are agreed to. Otherwise, once the Olympics are over, they face the prospect of Putin sending troops into the Ukraine. Last thing Putin wants is an Arab Spring in Russia.

One can speculate whatever about that video but there are several audiophile "friends" of mine who have sent many protestor videos out and it's not pretty.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
You need to do more research about who exactly funded and produced the video. There's nothing Ukrainian Grassroots about it, unfortunately it's ultra-wealthy foreign interests attempt at propaganda.

Even IF, it doesn't matter. Do you know a single parson from the Ukraine ? I know a few dosens. The video does reflect what people think on the streets, and that is all that counts.

Do you know how comunists tried to discredit Lech Walesa (the Solidarity movement leader in Poland) back in the 80s ? They accused him for taking the money from US government (which was true, as US supported Solidarity, also finnancially), chence - beeing an US agent.

You probably do not realise, but you are doing just the same.

The money from the US helped end communism in Poland in 1989. And the Polish people are very thankfull of that, I can assure you.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
You could be very right on that one vapor audio (nice speakers by the way )

To the subject ;this may all be well and true , and I hope the ukrainians do well in the end , but don't be mistaken about the the control (the undemocratic EU) wants to impose on countries , they want to control Europe and erase democracy , (imperialistic ), if they can start a fire in their advantage they will
The iron curtain which divided Europe after the second world war , was set there in first place as a bufferzone by Russia .
Remember the germans wanted to erase the Slavic race from the map and create living space , which cost the Russians dearly , 21,800,000 to to 28,000,000 deaths , so I suppose they see Ukraine also as a bufferzone , the eastpart is also very Russia orientated as I understand

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
You could be very right on that one vapor audio (nice speakers by the way )

To the subject ;this may all be well and true , and I hope the ukrainians do well in the end , but don't be mistaken about the the control (the undemocratic EU) wants to impose on countries , they want to control Europe and erase democracy , (imperialistic ).
The iron curtain which divided Europe after the second world war , was set there in first place set as a bufferzone by Russia .
Remember the germans wanted to erase the Slavic race from the map and create living space , which cost the Russians dearly , 21,800,000 to to 28,000,000 deaths , so I suppose they see Ukraine also as a bufferzone , the eastpart is also very Russia orientated as I understand

While the Nazis took their toll, Stalin did his part too. In fact, Hitler was welcomed into these countries as a savior from Stalin's policies until his true nature become known. Do you know how many Ukranians died from starvation pre-WWWII on the collective farms established by Stalin? And in fact, the Ukranian brigades fighting alongside the Nazis fought to the bitter end, the absolute last day of WWII because they knew they were history if the allies won and Stalin took over again.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
When the germans invaded Russia(operation Barbarossa ), some of the population may have thought they gonna get a better live indeed , because most were peasants.
After that the germans burned villages starved millions of Russian pow s to death and start shooting civilians
The reason most of the wehr macht and certainly SS (including foreigners like Ukrainians ) fought to their death is because they knew how much crimes they committed against the Russians and they knew what would happen to them if caught , plenty of german and Russian soldierveteran interviews on you tube on that matter

Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Stalin was no better than Hitler.

Remember, that Russia started WW2 alongside Germans - they both invided Poland from their respective sides (Russians 17 days later) , dividing Poland into two parts. All with accordance to Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact signed in Moscow in the late hours of 23 August 1939.

Hitler made a huge mistake attacing Russia in 1942, but that is another story ...

Stalin is responsible for many millons of deaths, starting with Soviet famine of 1932–33 (several million of deaths alone).

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Stalin made that pact with hitler because he wasn't ready for german blitzkrieg, he wanted to win time and built an army , if he wanted to invade poland he would have done much earlier .
Germany/hitler took control so fast of Europe because nobody was ready for their formidable army which he built up from 1933 onwards , hitler broke a lot of peacepromises to get the surprise attack he wanted

Last edited:

mdabb

Jul 10, 2010
N.E. Ohio
An interesting interview with Stephen Cohen, professor emeritus of Russian studies and politics at New York University and Princeton University @ Democracy Now.

The leaked tape is a conversation between Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Geoffrey Pyatt, the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine.

A New Cold War? Ukraine Violence Escalates, Leaked Tape Suggests U.S. Was Plotting Coup

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Stalin made that pact with hitler because he wasn't ready for german blitzkrieg, he wanted to win time and built an army , if he wanted to invade poland he would have done much earlier .
Germany/hitler took control so fast of Europe because nobody was ready for their formidable army which he built up from 1933 onwards , hitler broke a lot of peacepromises to get the surprise attack he wanted

Well and Hitler outflanked Stalin when he signed the pact, eg. he unified the Polish front and made it easier for Hitler to attack.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

Uh, you're from St. Louis, MO. How would you know that?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Stalin was no better than Hitler.

Remember, that Russia started WW2 alongside Germans - they both invided Poland from their respective sides (Russians 17 days later) , dividing Poland into two parts. All with accordance to Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact signed in Moscow in the late hours of 23 August 1939.

Hitler made a huge mistake attacing Russia in 1942, but that is another story ...

Stalin is responsible for many millons of deaths, starting with Soviet famine of 1932–33 (several million of deaths alone).

One but possible the biggest mistake was declaring war on the US. In his hubris, he didn't realize that Roosevelt couldn't declare war on Germany even though Japan had attacked the US. And given the US's isolationist policy, it's certainly possible that Congress wouldn't have done anything to help Churchill either. And without the US in the war, it's entirely possible that the UK would have eventually fallen.

The other issue that hasn't been mentioned is this Ukrainian/Russian divide in the Ukraine eg. one part of the country is pro-Russian while the other is pro-Western. While Stalin was eliminating ethnic Ukrainians, he was also exporting ethnic Russians to take over the Ukraine.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Bravo, Adam, bravo! Someone needed to say what you have said because the unfiltered truth always needs to be told.
And, shame on those here who are Stalin apologists. Hitler wasn't the only one with concentration camps.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Bravo, Adam, bravo! Someone needed to say what you have said because the unfiltered truth always needs to be told.
And, shame on those here who are Stalin apologists. Hitler wasn't the only one with concentration camps.

I'm not sure who here is a Stalin apologist. And the fact is that part of the reason the Germans were able to punish the Russians was because Stalin had purged all his Generals. Not to mention it wasn't totally the winter that stopped the Germans but Hitler's poor decision to divert his troops to the southern flank to the oilfields that cost them critical time. Had Hitler not done that, the Germans would have taken Stalingrad.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
as i understand it, the country Ukraine is divided nearly 50/50. this is civil war fodder, waiting for the "event" to be used as the trigger.

Exactly.

I would like to see the EU stand up on their hind legs and take care of issues in their own back yard for one damn time in my lifetime..

Don't hold your breath.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Actually it was the EU who negotiated this deal.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
It was the soviets themselves that stopped the germans with help from the winter and to much stretched out supplylines , the battle of Stalingrad (turningpoint in the war)was one of the most fierce battles in history , in Russia the major german groundforces died , 9 out of 10 germanwarcasualties say : died in the east
Operation Barbarossa was meant to be a blitzkrieg, which would last a couple of months , thats why most germans had no proper winterclothes , hitler thought it would be over before winter
And yes stalin gave the order " no step back " in Stalingrad , but since the germans made not much prisoners they had no choice .
As far as the EU is concerned nigel farage of the UKIP in England can explain how they go to work.

here is the video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTN7hL5fgWo

Last edited:

Vapor1

Oct 19, 2012
St Louis, MO
www.vaporsound.com
Uh, you're from St. Louis, MO. How would you know that?

The peoples responsible for the making and production of the video aren't secret, they're clearly listed on Youtube. They're hidden in plain sight ... just a few seconds of independent research would reveal that National Endowment for Democracy, Council on Foreign Relations, Larry Diamond, and others are responsible. But that research would first require questioning the official narrative being fed.

I have no doubt there is some real grassroots element to the uprising, but this video isn't. It's simple manufactured propaganda.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing