How many of these LP covers can you guess correctly?

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I'd rather not say, except to add you did MUCH better than I ... more embarrassingly; one LP I didn't rec was just on my platter. (sigh).

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'd rather not say, except to add you did MUCH better than I ... more embarrassingly; one LP I didn't rec was just on my platter. (sigh).

Haha! That's funny!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I think I only got 6 of them right :). And as with Tbone, I missed some of the albums I was looking at buying just yesterday!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
There were 68 slides after the cover slide which means there were 34 albums to identify. I got 14 right. A couple of others I thought I had right such as Rumors but wasn't sure.
Haha! You're right....(oops).

So I got 28 out of 34...still not bad.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Tough quiz. I missed 8.

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Haha! You're right....(oops).

So I got 28 out of 34...still not bad.

Actually with some of the small portions of the original covers shown you did excellent.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Actually with some of the small portions of the original covers shown you did excellent.

There were 4 that I thought I knew, because they really looked somewhat familiar...I just couldn't pinpoint them.
There were 2 that I didn't recognize at all from the small samples......Joni Mitchell/Blue and Nirvana/Nevermind.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

- Joni Mitchell 'Blue' ... I thought it was Pink Floyd 'Meddle'
- Eric Clapton 'Slowhand' ... I thought it was Bruce Springsteen 'Born to Run'
- The Beatles 'Abbey Road' ... I was dazed and confused, lol ... Volkswagen beetle
- Crosby, Stills & Nash ... I missed that window frame
- Mick Fleetwood's two "balls" from Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours' ... unmistakable

* I did it real quick.

Last edited:

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey

- Joni Mitchell 'Blue' ... I thought it was Pink Floyd 'Meddle'
- Eric Clapton 'Slowhand' ... I thought it was Bruce Springsteen 'Born to Run'
- The Beatles 'Abbey Road' ... I was dazed and confused, lol ... Volkswagen beetle
- Crosby, Stills & Nash ... I missed that window frame
- Mick Fleetwood's two "balls" from Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours' ... unmistakable

* I did it real quick.

'Meddle' looks quite different from J.M.'s 'Blue'. The former is a picture of the inside of an ear.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
'Meddle' looks quite different from J.M.'s 'Blue'. The former is a picture of the inside of an ear.

I agree, they look "completely" different, when showing only a small piece of the top cover album; that's why I made the mistake.

* Blondie ... I too had a momentary lapse of reason, Mike.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

I almost thought it was Dan Fogelberg- Nether Lands.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I initially thought the Blue clue unfair, impossible to identify; but that was before I realized I couldn't even identify the simpler clues, like Abby Road's Herbie.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I got 6 wrong.

Now, how the hell is the Best of Bob Marley a classic album??

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing