High End Audio... Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
High heels and cable looms behind $500k towers of gear? Yeah, nothing could go wrong there.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I think the last audiophile who actually scored was sometime in the 1990's, and that only because he was mistaken for a Hollywood producer.
I think Gen X have correctly prioritised having sex over doing fuses A/Bs.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Nope, he's an Edwardian.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
No, just that he's been an audiophile forever.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Most audiophiles are from the Edwardian, Victorian, or Georgian era

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Audiophilia ages you. In the space of two decades in the hobby, I've gone from young (lol) hip (lol x2) Boomer, to crusty Victorian. Well, I literally live in Victoria Chapel 1861.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvin and bonzo75

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
When the prices are obscene, you might as well go all the way.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Please stop the objectifying posts.

How do we ever expect to attract women and millennials to this hobby with low class sports bar posts like this?

Last edited:
Reactions: ack

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
How do we ever expect to attract women and millennials to this hobby with low class sports bar posts like this?!?!

Ron let's keep the sensible people out of this hobby. Get the women and millennials into food, music, and investing.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, I think those ladies are delightful
And I mean that
...is THAT ok, Ron?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Btw Ron, do @Tango and @Lagonda get back some of their deducted points? They stayed out of this thread

Reactions: christoph

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I was happy not to see them posting on this thread.

Just for clarity, everyone's jokes are not directed at the woman but the ridiculousness of those who think putting such a woman before gear is going to sell more gear. Even more ridiculous if that is true

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Just for clarity, everyone's jokes are not directed at the woman but the ridiculousness of those who think putting such a woman before gear is going to sell more gear. Even more ridiculous if that is true
Definitely all about satire and not learing Ron, just crazy that people think that draping people over gear works for selling speakers. Audiophiles already do intense gear lust and desire and don’t need any additional selling up. It is even more silly that because it is so meaningless an addition to the scene that then there are no appropriate ways to then get the models to interact in a natural way with the gear. As for putting collars around the models... that is where the deepest wrong is. Genuinely going for satire Ron and also avoiding just hopping on my soap box (I save that for subjective v objective discussions) but I get your point that it seems as objectifying women but in truth it’s making fun of the people who thought it was a good idea to put them there and in a collar in the first place.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

I understand that, and I agree.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Definitely all about satire and not learing Ron, just crazy that people think that draping people over gear works for selling speakers. Audiophiles already do intense gear lust and desire and don’t need any additional selling up. It is even more silly that because it is so meaningless an addition to the scene that then there are no appropriate ways to then get the models to interact in a natural way with the gear. As for putting collars around the models... that is where the deepest wrong is. Genuinely going for satire Ron and also avoiding just hopping on my soap box (I save that for subjective v objective discussions) but I get your point that it seems as objectifying women but in truth it’s making fun of the people who thought it was a good idea to put them there and in a collar in the first place.

Thank you, the sound of Tao.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I find it interesting the show with greatest attendance of women in recent memory was also one with live models. Moreover, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves (by all accounts I've seen).

The last month or so I've dug through the legacy threads on this site fairly well. Bears in banana smugglers and roundly enjoyed comments about toe in etc. are not in the same league. Not to say I disagree with the point chosen to wedge a foot in the door here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing