Hi from Evanston

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Hi,

I have been lurking on this website for a while, and I decided to join. I have to admit to being a little out of my depth when it comes to the technical details of audio, so I may ask some very naïve questions :).

I like Jazz, Classical, Progressive Rock, and so-called Alternative music. I have been mostly listening to Classical since getting my audio gear.

My system consists of a Mcintosh MA6600 integrated amplifier, Wilson Sophia II speakers, and an Arcam CD17cd player, which is on loan from the store from which I bought the amplifier and speakers. At some point, I’ll need to get a CD player to replace the loaner, but I’m not sure what to get (I’d like digital inputs).

Take care,

Mike

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi,

I have been lurking on this website for a while, and I decided to join. I have to admit to being a little out of my depth when it comes to the technical details of audio, so I may ask some very naïve questions :).

I like Jazz, Classical, Progressive Rock, and so-called Alternative music. I have been mostly listening to Classical since getting my audio gear.

My system consists of a Mcintosh MA6600 integrated amplifier, Wilson Sophia II speakers, and an Arcam CD17cd player, which is on loan from the store from which I bought the amplifier and speakers. At some point, I’ll need to get a CD player to replace the loaner, but I’m not sure what to get (I’d like digital inputs).

Take care,

Mike

Howdy Mike. Don't be shy :)

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Hey, Mike! Welcome! You're not alone when you say the technical stuff can be intimidating. Don't worry. There's a bunch of great folks here who'll be happy to answer questions. They sure have helped me.

Lee

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Mike!

Finally...I'm no longer alone, although I'm quite sure you posess greater comprehension of things mechanical than I do...'cause I really suck!

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not so sure about the mechanical thing - I was once defeated by a can-opener. I didn't inherit any of my father's skills when it comes to mechanics or electronics, unfortunately.

Mike

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Welcome Mike. We're like a real family here. One minute you will feel loved, and the next minute your big brother will be kicking you in the behind. It's all good though. People here will help you with anything they can.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Welcome Mike. We're like a real family here. One minute you will feel loved, and the next minute your big brother will be kicking you in the behind. It's all good though. People here will help you with anything they can.

Mike

You already have a taste of the atmosphere.. An incredible bunch of enthusiasts. Level of knowledge is superb but NEVER arrogant or haughty .. Very balanced ... Welcome to what we expect you will soon call home

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey

Hi Mep,

Thank for the welcome! I usually deserve the kick in the butt, to be honest:)

Mike

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Mike

You already have a taste of the atmosphere.. An incredible bunch of enthusiasts. Level of knowledge is superb but NEVER arrogant or haughty .. Very balanced ... Welcome to what we expect you will soon call home

Hi Frantz,

It's impressive how much some people know, not just about audio, but about music, too. Thanks for the welcome!

Mike

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi Frantz,

It's impressive how much some people know, not just about audio, but about music, too. Thanks for the welcome!

Mike

Mike - I'm constantly blown away by the knowledge most of our members have and share openly. I have learned so much since joining..hopefully this will translate into retention as well.:eek:.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing