HAMILTON Official Trailer (2020) Disney

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For those who have not seen the stage production of this amazing musical, the movie will be streaming on Disney beginning July 3. This was an epic musical that comes along once every generation. This should be a must see. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius

Steve Williams

We have seen Hamilton twice here on the west coast. I was never lucky enough or wealthy enough to have seen the original cast in the show on Broadway. IMO Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius to have written this unforgettable play about the life of Alexander Hamilton. In fact the first time we saw it, I bought tickets over a year in advance and paid a small fortune for tickets for my wife and I

As I stated above if you haven't seen Hamilton this is truly a must see and finally on July 3 Disney + began streaming Hamilton, a movie made from an actual stage production with the original cast which includes Miranda in the role of Hamilton

As a result it is a 2 hour and 40 minute production with all of a one minute intermission at the half way point of the show.

Even if you don't get Disney+ it would be worth the fee of $6 to sign up for a month for the sole reason of watching Hamilton.

The dialog occurs at a hectic pace with music sung to rap. We found that watching with the subtitles on helped with the overall understanding of the history involved.

This is one show which MUST be seen as it is truly that good

We plan on watching it again today

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We signed up for the Disney channel just so we could watch it. Will do so shortly

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Hamilton was scheduled to play in Tucson in November but that seems unlikely at the moment. That wouldn't be the original cast either. My wife downloaded the music and has been listening already.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Hamilton was scheduled to play in Tucson in November but that seems unlikely at the moment. That wouldn't be the original cast either. My wife downloaded the music and has been listening alreeady.

I bought the 2 disk CD before we went to see it and listened to it a few times

As I said reading the subtitles helped us a lot with the rapid speech of the rap music

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We watched Hamilton this evening and we both enjoyed it. He was quite an accomplished man for an orphaned immigrant.

I found the lyrics online and that made it easier to follow along on some of the music. Thanks for the tip, Steve.

Remember reading the Federalist Papers in school and knew Hamilton was involved but didn't remember he was the primary contributor.

Can you imagine a duel between a sitting Vice President and a former Secretary of the Treasury? We have some brutal politics of late but not to that point fortunately.

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
Watched the trailer, and decided to give the $6.00 to my local food bank.

Reactions: jazdoc

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
My wife loved it, I thought it was well done but not my style. It was hard to understand any of the dialogue until I turned my processor up to 0dB!!!

I am pleased as you know what that I didn’t spend $100’s for tickets on Broadway.

Steve Williams

Well if you had done what I suggested and put in the subtitles it makes for more understanding as things sung quickly in rap are often difficult to understand

as for spending 100’s you’re not even close. I had 7th row dead center in the orchestra and paid $2300 for 2 seats which included a $500 surcharge on the already high prices charged by resellers.

it was worth every penny as a production such as this comes to Broadway infrequently

Reactions: Macattack

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I saw the play in Chicago and like Steve, it was worth every penny.

As to the movie, I suggest u watch it a second time. Besides things u might have missed in the first viewing, the dialogue is much easier to understand the second time.....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing