Gryphon Audio - Audiophile Experiences

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
ok,thanks,
i asked in gryphon room to one of the Gryphon team and told me nothing change,only external look

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Hi all,

now with the Pandora:

Sistema 09.jpg

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
This minibox is magic:

Gryphon Exorcist.jpg

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Hi Nonato,

Are this Mojo speakers still doing a good job with Mephisto? Like to listen to your system soon!

Hi Eraldo,

the Mojo speakers are hard working, but I know the level of the rest of the system is higher than the Mojo. The result is much higher than you can imagine.

So you can come in my house to hear the Mojo in my system, It will be a pleasure to welcome you. I'm sure you will like.

Are you enjoying the Diablo on your system?

Best regards,
Ricardo.

joeling

Jan 8, 2014
Any idea what sort of improvement a pair of Mephisto solo will have over a Mephisto stereo

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Any idea what sort of improvement a pair of Mephisto solo will have over a Mephisto stereo

Hi joeling,

i think the Mephisto solo have more control of the loudspeakers, more dynamic, etc. But I didn't hear the solo to speak with accuracy.

Nice regards,
Ricardo.

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Easily the most beautiful mini monitor I have seen... is it ported? Can't tell what those two round things in the back are

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
Easily the most beautiful mini monitor I have seen... is it ported? Can't tell what those two round things in the back are

Hi ack,

those two round things in the back are the ducts of the loudspeakers.

rnsa2000

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2012
R2R

Recently I made some mods in my Revox PR99 MKII, always with the aim of raising as much as possible the performance level of the equipment.

List of Mods:

- 15A Furutech FI-06 Gold IEC Inlet

- 02 FT-785M Gold Male Chassis XLR Socket

- 02 FT-786F Gold Female Chassis XLR Socket

- 01 ACME AGC Fuse holder, CRYO Silver - .25 X 1.25 inch LARGE

- 02 ACME Fuse Clips Metric PCB-Mount "In-Line"

- Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold Solder

- Capacitors and Trimmers Kit Replace

List of Next Mods:

- 01 Hifi Tuning Supreme External Fuse

- 02 Hifi Tuning Supreme Internal Fuses

- Change the power supply

- Change the original internal wires to silver wires

- Quartz Control for Capstan

- Pause Control Memory

- Kit Tape Transport Bearings

- Kit For All 3 Motors Bearings

extracampine

Jul 12, 2016
Can I draw upon the experience of those familiar with the Gryphon Mojo speakers - would I notice much of an improvement in sound from my B&W 804s speakers? I use a Classe CAP-2100 amp. Thanks!

bejewe

Feb 5, 2017
Moscow, Russia.
Greetings to all!
Who faced the similar?

I have never before deal with speakers on high-resolution ribbon tweeters (AMT).
I bought a Gryphon Mojo and after a while, I accidentally discovered that one of twitters sound a bit more airy than the other! It is airy and not louder!

The difference is quite small (a little bit), but at a short distance from the speakers (30-40 cm), I can hear the difference. From the listening position (2 meters), sound image fortunately uniform and harmonious! I changed places the speakers and try different musical material. But up close, there is a difference (quite a bit).
Especially it is noticeable on vocals and violin parts.
I still connect to my old sound system at the dome (silk) Twitter, the sound was the same! I do not hear the difference.

Is it a feature of AMT tweeters and they may be slightly different?

I will be happy for your answer!

Last edited:

GAD support

Mar 15, 2017
Sir
We are aware of your case as the system have been checked at our distributors service department in June 2016. The test was not very conclusive as the symptom appeared to be weak and intermittent.
The speakers are not new and purchased second hand, something may have happened to them with the previous owner(s)
Please contact our distributor again if the problem persists.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you for writing here, GAD support! We appreciate it!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing