Genesis System

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
My room only needs 5 extra feet ... :eek:

Haha!

I made this customer extend his room by an extra 15 feet before I would sell him the speakers. His original room ended where you see the wooden beams.

Unfortunately, all his contractor did was to extend the room out with a cantilevered platform. The contractor didn't realize what a "high end stereo" would weigh. When we were setting everything up, I could feel the house shift beneath our feet. My customer ran outside, and had to get his tractor to hold the room up. When I saw the skinny 2 by 4's holding the whole thing up, I had to laugh.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Haha!

I made this customer extend his room by an extra 15 feet before I would sell him the speakers. His original room ended where you see the wooden beams.

Unfortunately, all his contractor did was to extend the room out with a cantilevered platform. The contractor didn't realize what a "high end stereo" would weigh. When we were setting everything up, I could feel the house shift beneath our feet. My customer ran outside, and had to get his tractor to hold the room up. When I saw the skinny 2 by 4's holding the whole thing up, I had to laugh.
Oh my word, forget the stereo...that's probably not even code at that distance of span without some solid engineering!

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
For a change, the entry-level Genesis speakers. This is in the beautiful room of Alain Provencher in Quebec, Canada. I did a listening/how to set-up loudspeakers session there a couple of years ago, and can confirm that it's a beautiful sounding room.

pix 1.jpg

pix 2.jpg

pix 6.jpg

pix 12.jpg

pix 15.jpg

Alain writes for the French language Magazine Audio.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Typical building code is 4 hundred pounds per square foot. It is amazing how much money someone would put into
A stereo and not put ten cents to higher a competent GC. Any one who is LISC to build anything would know that. I am a electrical PE and LISC electrical contractor and I know that. Your lucky the room didn't cave in why you were there.

Al

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Oh my word, forget the stereo...that's probably not even code at that distance of span without some solid engineering!

Just like the people that spend $10k on wheels/tires for a POS car!

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Here's a new picture that probably has not seen light of day anywhere else (well - except for the secret Genesis Owner's Group). He asked not to be identified, but it's a new home built somewhere in the Rockies. It's a Genesis 1.1 - from this perspective, the midrange/tweeter wings completely hide the woofer towers.

140217_CRS_WIL_382 lo res.jpg

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
What a beautiful set up!

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
This was a long-time Genesis customer who kept his old speakers continually upgraded over the past 20 years. Recently, he thought that it was time that he upgraded to a brand new pair - likely to last him for the next 20 years........

Juniors in CA 1.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
All 3 are stunning shots, Gary! Thanks for posting...I can only imagine what that 1.1 setup must sound like.

what are the electronics? Do I see ARC?

Here's a new picture that probably has not seen light of day anywhere else (well - except for the secret Genesis Owner's Group). He asked not to be identified, but it's a new home built somewhere in the Rockies. It's a Genesis 1.1 - from this perspective, the midrange/tweeter wings completely hide the woofer towers.

View attachment 16975

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Is that a ps audio P10. Also the distance seems to close for those speakers ??
Is this true or an illusion
Al

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Where is that?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing