Genesis featured in San Francisco again

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Actually, the show was about Neil. There was a show about me and my speakers 2 weeks earlier, and since the speakers and gear was already there, Elite asked if they could use it for Neil's event. Since they already declined to be a Genesis dealer, I let them use it, and we removed the speakers the next day.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Actually, the show was about Neil. There was a show about me and my speakers 2 weeks earlier, and since the speakers and gear was already there, Elite asked if they could use it for Neil's event. Since they already declined to be a Genesis dealer, I let them use it, and we removed the speakers the next day.

Oh. Sorry, I misunderstood the intent of the second show. This was Neil's show and your speakers were just a backdrop for Neil. Got it. My apologies Neal if you are reading this.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oh. Sorry, I misunderstood the intent of the second show. This was Neil's show and your speakers were just a backdrop for Neil. Got it. My apologies Neal if you are reading this.

He's on holiday in Italy and unlikely to be reading this. He's also a really nice guy and unlikely to be insulted by a simple misunderstanding. I really enjoyed his talk, and also the questions and answers.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
The Juniors have moved from San Francisco 15 miles South down to Burlingame. Quite an exercise moving two 400 lb crates upstairs into the high-end demo room of Future Sound. Luckily, the crates barely fit into the handicap lift :D

We hired a couple of strong young backs (Mythic Movers - http://www.yelp.com/biz/mythic-movers-berkeley) because the crates were too tall for most of the doorways.

In the door.jpg Too tall.jpg

Some places, the crates only cleared by 1/2-inch!

Quarter-inch clearance.jpg Tight fit.jpg

However, luckily the chaps we hired were audiophiles - and when they found out what they were moving, were totally excited. Unfortunately, they had another job to go to and so weren't able to hang around for the set-up. But - they promised to work hard and be back to Future Sound to spend their hard earned cash. So, if you are needing to move anything in the San Francisco/Oakland area, give Blake and Nicholas a shout. https://www.facebook.com/Mythicmovers

audiophile.jpg

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
The system was set-up at Future Sound with what they had in their high-end room - mostly oldies but goodies, Levinson power amp, Krell pre-amp, Meridian CD Player. Nevertheless, the sound was remarkably better - showing how important the room was to the overall presentation. When we get better, more up-to-date electronics, it can only get better!

G2Jr at Future Sound - web.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing