Genesis featured in San Francisco again

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Genesis loudspeakers will be featured in San Francisco yet again this weekend at another event at Elite Audio Coffee Bar.

Join us for a rare opportunity to learn how TAS Associate Editor and Acquisitions Manager Neil Gader reviews a hi-fi system. He'll discuss systems he's reviewed, what he looks for, his process for evaluating a system's strengths and weaknesses -- and he'll take your questions. We will be illustrating the presentation with music played on the Genesis 2 Jr loudspeakers, Spiral Groove turntable, and electronics by Burmester and Genesis.

Beverages and hors d'oeuvres will be provided. Saturday, March 22 at 1:00pm

G2Jr at Elite Showroom.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Fantastic...I am sure many of us could be there. Beautiful speakers...the 2.2Jr if I am not mistaken. Look forward to the feedback. If you can make any recordings like you did for the big Genesis 1.2 show in HK, that would be much appreciated!

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Fantastic...I am sure many of us could be there. Beautiful speakers...the 2.2Jr if I am not mistaken. Look forward to the feedback. If you can make any recordings like you did for the big Genesis 1.2 show in HK, that would be much appreciated!

Good idea - since I'm not making the presentation, I'll try.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Very cool. I just got home and through my back out. In bed in pain. Not good.
Good luck and you deserve it.
Al

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for that! That was great to listen to.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
More pictures of the event. I thought that Neil Gader was an entertaining speaker with a wealth of knowledge and great experience. He kept the audience attentive for hours!! (...)

Gary,

Any one knowing about the essays and reviews of Neil Gader in TAS will feel sorry for not being able to attempt this Genesis session - it would be great of having a video of it for those living far away ...

Most of the time debates about high-end forget about the people and focus on the equipment - IMHO nothing can replace the human socialization in high-end. Enjoying high-end equipment is most of the time an acquired taste and listening to knowledgeable and captivating people is of great importance to enhance it. BTW, do you have any picture of the drinks? ;)

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
So what was the music to yakking ratio?

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Hi Mark. I only stayed at the event for about 2 hours, but the first 1.5 was consumed by storytelling by Gader and some questions from those in attendance. Fortunately, Gader required a break and Gary was able to spin some tunes.

Gary's line source speakers sound quite a bit different than mine but I still enjoyed the set up and tunes quite a bit.

It was a pleasure having a few moments to talk with Gary. Gary also deserves a shout out in that he freely offered advice, answered questions and tried to get at least one person (who reminded me so much of Woody Allen) to join our forum and post questions about digitizing his vinyl collection. Gary definitely is one of the good guys in this hobby.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Wow! The first 1 1/2 hours were consumed by yakking. I hope there was enough time available for people to actually listen to Gary's speakers to make it worth his while to set this demo up. It's great that Gader can entertain people, but I think him running his jaws for the first 1 1/2 hours would have been excessive for me if I came to hear Gary's speakers. Chris Rock, maybe. Neil Gader, uh, I don't think so unless he missed his first calling as a great comedian/storyteller.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
We spent the Sunday after Neil Gader's even packing up about 1,000 lbs of gear - including all my electronics, a bunch of Burmester stuff, etc. and moved some of it down South to a dedicated audio store - Future Sound in Burlingame.

It really goes to show how important the room is..... because although I thought that the system sounded excellent in the very large space that was Elite Audio, in the much smaller dedicated room of Future Sound (we had to leave the doors open because the bass made our ears pop if the doors were closed), I thought that the speakers sounded far better. Unfortunately, no turntable set-up so we had to settle for a CD.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Wow! The first 1 1/2 hours were consumed by yakking. I hope there was enough time available for people to actually listen to Gary's speakers to make it worth his while to set this demo up. It's great that Gader can entertain people, but I think him running his jaws for the first 1 1/2 hours would have been excessive for me if I came to hear Gary's speakers. Chris Rock, maybe. Neil Gader, uh, I don't think so unless he missed his first calling as a great comedian/storyteller.

After Neil Gader left, a small bunch of us spun tunes for almost 3 hours :)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Gary-You are kind of driving at what I meant. You had to haul 1,000 lbs of gear there and then break it down afterwards. The show should have been about you and your speakers with lots of time with the larger crowd spent listening to music vice being regaled by the adventures of Neil. I mean if Neil is that big of a draw for audiophiles, why doesn't the store schedule Neal to make an appearance and just yak to those who love to hear him talk? To me, this is about respecting your time and money. It's kind of like inviting someone to your wedding and they take over your wedding and all of sudden the wedding is all about them instead of the bride and groom. Maybe I'm all wet, but that's the way I see it. I'll shut up now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing