Genesis at the New York Audio Show - April 12 - 15, 2013

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Bad, very bad (dancing). We needed to do the Texas Two Step. IDEA? A Texas Two Step workshop with Gen 2.2 Jrs. Get the whole room a stomping. It will go viral and we'll all be (in)famous. Never mind.

Or Gangnam Style???

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
More coverage for the Genesis room - by Scot Hull (Part Time Audiophile here on the forum) for The Absolute Sound. He featured us in both Part 1 and Part 2 of the New York Audio Show coverage:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/new-york-audio-show-part-1/?page=3

It was a system that made him remember that he actually liked music.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/new-york-audio-show-part-2/

He says:

Delicious. I came by this room six times throughout the weekend, mainly because of the great tunes Gary kept on the ‘table—and the simply outstanding sound he was getting in this room. Auspicious beginnings!

He must have been talking about this album which we played several times......

infected_mushroom_vicious_delicious.jpg

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
The sound is pretty horrible and I seriously can't imagine how this video was done, but you can see how the room fills up when we played "non-audiophile-approved" music. First starting with Swedish House Mafia and then Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Could it have been someone with a pair of Google Glasses?? It looks like the camera was on top of one of my speakers.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Gary-You were right-the audio quality is horrible, even by YouTube standards. Frankie Goes to Hollywood just keeps cutting out and clipping. Maybe we should have a contest on WBF to make a recording of Frankie Goes to Hollywood and post it to our forum and have people vote on who made the best recording. I think it would be a serious challenge of systems and recording ability.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Gary-You were right-the audio quality is horrible, even by YouTube standards. Frankie Goes to Hollywood just keeps cutting out and clipping. Maybe we should have a contest on WBF to make a recording of Frankie Goes to Hollywood and post it to our forum and have people vote on who made the best recording. I think it would be a serious challenge of systems and recording ability.

This will be fun.....

We'll have to disqualify Bruce Brown though :) Or you could set some rules - like it has to be a hand-held camera, iPhone, etc. Is an external microphone allowed?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
This will be fun.....

We'll have to disqualify Bruce Brown though :) Or you could set some rules - like it has to be a hand-held camera, iPhone, etc. Is an external microphone allowed?

Gary-YouTube will be the great equalizer so I say bring whatever you have to the table and let the chips fall where they may.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing