Garth's Living Room

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well I made up my mind on upgrading and a I passed on the Burmester 111 and decided to up grade my Ayre KXR and MXRs to the 20 . They are at Ayre now for rebuild . I never got to hear a 111 and I did get to hear a KXR 20 so I know it will be better than what I had.

congrats...very exciting...when will they return?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
They just said the turn around would be fast. You have to book them in with your serial # they seem to be trying to manage their time and volume Ayre has a plan. Someone once said all plans work until you meet the enemy in this case the enemy is Murphy's Law. I am not to worried I have a nice AR pre and ayre power as a loaner thanks to my Bricks and Mortar dealer.
Fantastic...I have had similar benefits from my local dealer...not a day without music. Great stuff and pls post when they arrive.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
They just said the turn around would be fast. You have to book them in with your serial # they seem to be trying to manage their time and volume Ayre has a plan. Someone once said all plans work until you meet the enemy in this case the enemy is Murphy's Law. I am not to worried I have a nice AR pre and ayre power as a loaner thanks to my Bricks and Mortar dealer.

Always a great thing to have a good dealer. Mine has been incredible over the years. Sure I've paid more...but I get perfect set up, loaners when something is getting updated, and trials on stuff I am considering. Plus I get great trades when I am swapping something out. The amount of money we spend on this...to me I am not sure why more don't build a relationship that lasts...my whole system is from 1 dealer, except for the Schroeder LT arm...

I am very curious what you think about your 20's. I've loved my Ayre MXR's...had em for 5+ years...I guess I need to get in line to...

What improvements did you hear on the KXR-20? Thanks !

Vermin

Nov 4, 2014
Norway
Simply gorgeous!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing