Furutech project V1

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
A good customer is getting on in age and selling most of his gear including a Project V1. Should I buy it myself (he wants 5k) and use it in my system which means I'd have 3 ! Anyone use more than 2 in their system?
I have three. My entire set does not need anymore). Love them, especially in combination with the NCF Pure Power 6!

Reactions: TLi

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
The other day I borrowed a 3rd Furutech Project V1 cord (already use 2 in my system). I was more than surprised that a 3rd made my system even more 3D sounding! I thought I had such a natural, clean and 3D soundstage, but it just brought so much more to the system! Luckily I have no other components that require an ac cord b/c my phono is battery operated. (CS Port C3EQM2) On Furutech's website they now don't even list, under finished ac cords, the Project V1. So it must now have sold out.

Attachments

• 3 project V1.jpg
    3 project V1.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 3 Project V1s.jpg
    3 Project V1s.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 67

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
The other day I borrowed a 3rd Furutech Project V1 cord (already use 2 in my system). I was more than surprised that a 3rd made my system even more 3D sounding! I thought I had such a natural, clean and 3D soundstage, but it just brought so much more to the system! Luckily I have no other components that require an ac cord b/c my phono is battery operated. (CS Port C3EQM2) On Furutech's website they now don't even list, under finished ac cords, the Project V1. So it must now have sold out.
It’s still there under High End Performance power cables.

Apr 9, 2023
This is a very interesting line about the V1 cable and more. Here’s my question. My system is extremely revealing. sometimes a bit to much.
Currently I use the latest 609e power distributor. After reading all the info I think a step up could be the PP6e NCF. I hope I can mange the integration of that beast, due to limited space. My current powerlines are all Furutech DPS 4.1 with the FL50/E50 NCF connectors. Little by little the quality of my system keeps on Improving. The latest exchange was the already very good speaker cables (Atlas Arran) into the Purist Audio Design 25th anniversary. Clear improvement with more detail and many other benefits.
So last week we exchanged the power cable for my TAD M700S power amp into a Purist Audio Design cable (Neptune). The connectors are not at my current level, although Furutech. But somehow the damping and shielding is so much better, it still made an improvement. So thinking about what would happen with the better connectors or even a higher step up. I would love to test the Furutech V1 but the length is limited to 1.8 m which is too short.
The power line / connector to the PP6e is a dedicated link from the power board directly into my 609. I might get an even better plug on that cable. But there is no power outlet in between, just a straight cable.
Anyone has any experience with the Purist Audio Design Power cables? My logical sequence would be to first exchange the 609 into the PP6e NCF. But which (made to order) PAD power cable could compete with the V1?

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Just buy the Pure Power 6 NCF E...
This is the best impressive improvement I heard in my system...

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Reactions: Erik-Alexander

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
It really didn’t take long to hear the improvement. Hard to believe it could make such a difference. Adding the Harmonix feet under it took it up even further.
it takes one minute to have the difference.
Can you give us the reference of the Harmonix, please ?
You can improve this PP6 with the QKORE6 from Nordost, but please, choose the premium cable (black) not the green cable.

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I could imagine my turntable would benefit from the grounding From Northost. However all my TAD equipment doesn’t have any earthing.
You don't need turntables for using Qkore6.
Every equipment has a grounding.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing