May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
--- Twenty years ago I was much better looking than now. :b

...Dunno though if music was better sounding; no, sounds better today. :b

Me too but I had less money. Hahahahahaha!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I had more money 20 years ago too. But I just keep getting better looking with each passing year. Just ask me. :)

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I can see there ain't no lack of confidence in this crowd!

When I was much younger I used to say "Man, I can't wait until tomorrow." And somebody would always say "How come?" And my reply was "Because I get better looking every day." I wouldn't dare say that now. Age and gravity are a bitch.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
When I was much younger I used to say "Man, I can't wait until tomorrow." And somebody would always say "How come?" And my reply was "Because I get better looking every day." I wouldn't dare say that now. Age and gravity are a bitch.
Nothing wrong with age and gravity; it's mirrors I have a problem with.

JoeyGS

Jul 9, 2011
Laguna, Philippines
I think Gary is really on to something. If you buy the best (you can afford), it only hurts once and costs less in the long run.

Totally true, but like me, I am in a frugal world and as time flies fast, sometimes you can't wait to enjoy music (considering financial limitations). You settle for the 'continuous improvement' route and after all that you have spent on the improvement, it may not matter at all cause you have enjoyed the music and the journey.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nothing wrong with age and gravity; it's mirrors I have a problem with.

ROFL!

Ever hear this one?

The woman was looking at herself in the mirror all depressed. She said, "Honey, I'm wrinkly, my breasts are sagging, my hips look like saddle bags. C'mon be a dear and give me a complement to lift my spirists." Looking up from his book he says "Sure hon, you've got great eyesight."

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
ROFL!

Ever hear this one?

The woman was looking at herself in the mirror all depressed. She said, "Honey, I'm wrinkly, my breasts are sagging, my hips look like saddle bags. C'mon be a dear and give me a complement to lift my spirists." Looking up from his book he says "Sure hon, you've got great eyesight."

A husband buys his wife a car for Christmas...

"I don't like it" she says, "I want something that that goes from 0-200 in 3 seconds."

So he comes back with a set of bathroom scales and says, "Stand on this!"

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hahahahaha! Mep has some competition from Mike!

Mods, a thread split would be perfect right about now. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Hahahahaha! Mep has some competition from Mike!

Mods, a thread split would be perfect right about now. :)

-----Jack, people like us moderate our own 'stance'.
Humor is part of life, and we can get right back on track at the sound of a dime rolling off of a wood table and falling down to the marble floor.

* I like high vaulted ceilings; they disperse the sound better (natural with less detrimental attributes) than regular low ceilings. If one has the choice or the capability to open up his ceiling, that 'frugality' would pay off, sound wise (and spaciousness wise). Methinks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing