FM ACOUSTICS FM 133 Harmonic Linearizers

Matej Isak

Jan 20, 2013
EU
www.monoandstereo.com
Beyond EQ

fm_acoustics_Fm_133_Harmonic_Linearizer_franco_serblin_accordo_ktema_yter_cable_matej_isak_mono_.jpg

FM ACOUSTICS FM 133 and FM 233 Harmonic Linearizers created quite some stir and interest across the high-end audio society. Is it just a regular EQ or something beyond simple equalisation? I'll go in depth soon, but I love what I hear so far. This is something I hankered for quite some time and a safe cure for bad or mediocre recorded albums. I did't tried with vinyl yet, but with digital audio signal boost is stressless and impressive. With both my favourite preamplifiers Robert Koda Takumi K-10 and Arte Forma Peral results is instant. I have similar sound harmoniser created in my Mac Os X, but prefer hardware unit.

Stay tuned for in depth review and more listening impression.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/05/fm-acoustics-fm-133-harmonic-linearizer.html

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO

Matej Isak

Jan 20, 2013
EU
www.monoandstereo.com
Don.

fm_acoustics_preamplifier_matej_isak_test_review_best_monoandstereo_1.jpg

Last night listening with FM133 was very promising. You can really fine tune the sound without clear-annoying frequency bumps. I've yet to hear-see about listening fatigue.

I was afraid that like with some gain buffer stages or traditional EQ as used in software sound would have noticeable imprint. Just for the peace of mind I asked my good wife to give her "expert" comments. Two things, clearer presentation and everything a bit pushed forward.

I'll report more along my listenings. FM 155 preamplifier is also waiting to be compared to my array of preamplifiers. Should be interesting.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Don.

View attachment 9968

Last night listening with FM133 was very promising. You can really fine tune the sound without clear-annoying frequency bumps. I've yet to hear-see about listening fatigue.

I was afraid that like with some gain buffer stages or traditional EQ as used in software sound would have noticeable imprint. Just for the peace of mind I asked my good wife to give her "expert" comments. Two things, clearer presentation and everything a bit pushed forward.

I'll report more along my listenings. FM 155 preamplifier is also waiting to be compared to my array of preamplifiers. Should be interesting.

Matej,

sorry if I am not following well...but are you using the 133 or 155 in addition to the Koda (ie, as an equalizer going into the Koda)? Or are you using EITHER the 133/155 OR the Koda...and then comparing the two?

Matej Isak

Jan 20, 2013
EU
www.monoandstereo.com
Matej,

sorry if I am not following well...but are you using the 133 or 155 in addition to the Koda (ie, as an equalizer going into the Koda)? Or are you using EITHER the 133/155 OR the Koda...and then comparing the two?

Don,

I'm trying 133 with Koda. Then use 155 as preamplifier to compare to Koda and others. And yes, either as sole and to compare. Hope that clear it up :).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing