Female guitar players

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Two live cuts!

If we're talking base guitar, the best one IS Tal Wilkenfeld!!!

Imperial.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Chrsitian, remember she's 15 years old!:cool:

she was in 2008. It's 2013 now. The link I posted was 2011, so she was 18 then. She has picked a tough instrument style to excel at (competing against men). If she had the singing chops, she could make it big. Sadly, that does not seem to be the case, imo.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Mary Ramirez of the Detroit Cobras

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAHywKH4mEsNGOAoe_R06iu_5SAESEa 2B60r8yls2a7YFO3GcA

Video of the Cobras ripping thru Little Willie John's "Leave My Kitten Alone"

P.S. - They really don't own cats ;) !

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
she was in 2008. It's 2013 now. The link I posted was 2011, so she was 18 then. She has picked a tough instrument style to excel at (competing against men). If she had the singing chops, she could make it big. Sadly, that does not seem to be the case, imo.

Yes, but in the video I posted she was 15 years old. I still think that she has better chops than most other women her age. Certainly at 15 she did. Her singing ability isn't what this thread is about. :)

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
No Chrissie Hynde. No legitimacy.

Tim

Imperial

Mar 6, 2012
Norway
Yes, but in the video I posted she was 15 years old. I still think that she has better chops than most other women her age. Certainly at 15 she did. Her singing ability isn't what this thread is about. :)

She ain't half bad as a singer, actually, granted her other talents are better.
This is a photo of her a month back just before a concert in Aichi, Japan.
969604_10151926666909488_1243131807_n.jpg

She's currently just ended touring in Japan. I believe she is 20 years old now.
She is getting better and better. I do not think she has peaked yet, as a guitar player. I don't think she's top 10, yet. But there is for sure a LOT of talent in her!
She's currently WAY better than the videos of her sort of hint at. Most of them are like 3 years old and such.

Last edited:

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
She ain't half bad as a singer, actually, granted her other talents are better.
This is a photo of her a month back just before a concert in Aichi, Japan.
View attachment 10147

She's currently just ended touring in Japan. I believe she is 20 years old now.
She is getting better and better. I do not think she has peaked yet, as a guitar player. I don't think she's top 10, yet. But there is for sure a LOT of talent in her!
She's currently WAY better than the videos of her sort of hint at. Most of them are like 3 years old and such.

She sure doesn't look like a little girl anymore:eek:. However, I still think that are very few women in the world that can play better than her. Whether one likes her look, her music, her singing or??
IMHO, none of that takes away from her talent with an axe, and again IMHO, she's got a boat load.:D

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
At first view she looks kind of scary, ...and it's not how you look, how you sing, what you say, but how you say it, what you look like, what exactly you say, how you sing (or not), how you play, what you play, what you do for you, and how it reflects all around you that counts. ;)

Imperial

Mar 6, 2012
Norway
At first view she looks kind of scary, ...and it's not how you look, how you sing, what you say, but how you say it, what you look like, what exactly you say, how you sing (or not), how you play, what you play, what you do for you, and how it reflects all around you that counts. ;)

Here's a recent video of her 5 days ago. No make up... Jamming with another Woman.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151434063588059

Imperial.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's not always about speed, power and sexy players.

Dale Kavanagh

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing