Favourite "SIMPLE" sandwich!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Iberico can come pre sliced, the pimentos from a deli bottle and aoli pre-made and stored. Takes me 5 minutes. Nice with a side of shrimp and potato salad. :D

Another quickie fave of mine:

Whole wheat
egg salad
Smoked Salmon
Baby Arugula

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bob how about a Monte Cristo aka The Cholesterol Bomb? LOL!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Technically no, it's a simple to make sandwich just darned unhealthy! :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
29999_monte_cristo_sandwich_620.jpg

Basically a ham and cheese dipped in egg and butter mixture then pan fried in butter. Eaten with a side of strawberry preserve or whatever jam you like.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Technically no, it's a simple to make sandwich just darned unhealthy! :D

hah, we had them recently at the blue bayou in Disneyland. my kids loved them, I used to love them (gotta try 'em with powered sugar:eek:).

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I know right?! Friggin' awesome!

My apologies to the Doctors in the house!

Oops, I meant egg and MILK mixture.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
That looks appetizing enough to me. ...I sometimes make similar to that; grilled cheese with ham, tomatoes and onions, and even eggs too (sunny side up) inside. So I guess I make my own custom Monte Cristo sandwiches. ...And I ain't dead yet.

Another favorite of mine is two pieces of bread in the frying pan, with a center hole in each piece of bread, an egg cooked in the center of each,
then flipped over, and finally le tout recouvert de fromage et tomates (sliced). :b

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
you eat good jack. last time I bought sliced jamon iberico from the local Spanish food emporium it ran like $15/ounce.

Maybe you bought the acorn fed black variety. That's really expensive. I eat that in little slivers not in sandwiches. :)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
When I first heard that someone had a batch of these sandwiches prepared for our annual Golf trip down to Myrtle Beach (24 of us) I kinda wanted to gag. Then I tried it.

Plain white bread
Buttered
Peanut Butter
Lettuce

It actually works very well together. Might have one for a snack later! :)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
a) white or rye bread, peanut butter, honey, slice of cheddar cheese (or american if no cheddar) over the peanut butter

b) toasted white bread, lather with butter then mayo, add tuna direct, salt and pepper

c) one I picked up in England... white bread, top with shredded cheddar and nice cut tomato slices...and if you are daring, add some finely chopped pickle

Yikes! Head for the hills!

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Start with a good sourdough baguette then lightly spread with a room temp european style butter like plugra. Spread a thick smear of triple cream brie. Eat. Absolutely delicious, learned it from twin peaks. You should probably then go run for an hour:)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Start with a good sourdough baguette then lightly spread with a room temp european style butter like plugra. Spread a thick smear of triple cream brie. Eat. Absolutely delicious, learned it from twin peaks. You should probably then go run for an hour:)

Triple cream Brie...my cheese of choice!:D I'd then put it under the Pannini press and let it melt slightly.

Never heard of "plugra" though.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Triple cream Brie...my cheese of choice!:D I'd then put it under the Pannini press and let it melt slightly.

Never heard of "plugra" though.

Let's live a little. Try that with some good pate and some seasonal mushrooms! ;)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Talking about british food, I learned and liked (as a teenager) the world's simplest sandwich there. Slice of white bread, spread (sweet) butter and sprinkle some sugar on it and that is it!!! Europeans sure have simpler sandwiches than us in US. I am reminded of bread with Brie just cheese in it as I would visit Amsterdam for our yearly show. A fancy sandwich was baggett with a slice of cheese and a slice of tomato or ham. They are usually shocked when they see us put half a pound of stuff in our "hoagies." :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing