Entreq Tellus grounding

Microstrip,
As long as the chassis is earthed I can`t see the problem with safety;just think lots of cheap consumer grade electronics in plastic cases don`t have a earth connection,are they unsafe?

No, they have double insulated transformers of low power and are classed accordingly. Also there is no shock hazard in a plastic box.

The critical aspects are the reliability and resistance of the connection to earth - I am sure that electrical codes and regulations specify it clearly.

Kevin,
I think you are misunderstanding what I`m saying about the earth chassis isolation technique.The chassis isn`t ground lifted but the internal circuitry is ground lifted with reference to the grounded chassis.
The Ben Duncan Earth Henry inductor would not be allowed to be sold here in the UK if it violated electrical codes so is not dangerous.
What difference is there between multiple earths joined at the building connection point and a connection point close to the equipment;none that I can see.

The Ben Duncan Earth Henry is not CE certified - I think that using it in a electrical system in EU is not allowed.
From the Earth Henry webpage :

CE / 97 European Directive Notices*
EMC Not applicable.
LVD Not applicable.
Therefore this product is not CE-marked.
*Note: Builders & users outside of Europe may ignore these notices.

Music is better than all the crap going on everywhere on our planet. ...Rio's bacteria in their waters (beaches), USA elections, ISIS, violence, cops corruption, all that bad heavy metal music with lyrics of destruction and killing.

I dunno. Reading that Larry the Cat can continue in his role as Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office under the tenure of Theresa May made my day much better than the vintage Decca I put on that same evening! Then again, maybe you are right :p

Fiddle, you mean Chief DE-Mouser! :eek:

Hi FF.
The Wilma is obviously ideal for your needs and I look forward to hearing how you get on.
It's good that Entreq have considered the needs of those with smaller systems and come up with a product that is likely to satisfy them.
K2 and Everest look very interesting and I will be keen to try them when I get the opportunity. It's not clear if they are in any hierarchy as with the ground cables or simply designed to suit different systems. I will try and get some more information to pass on. As you say they should provide a more durable connection and that can only benefit sound quality. PO makes some big claims for them which I presume he has not done lightly and if they are as effective as he claims and are sensibly priced they would seem to be a must buy for existing Entreq box owners.
I am sure we will all look forward to learning more about them!

An update on the K2 and Everest.
Uk prices for the Everest and K2 in the UK expected to be around £200 and £150 respecttively.
I'm advised that the level of upgrade from these will be beyond what people are prepared for and that PO has done a helluva job with these.
My source tells me he was shocked at the level of improvement with them.
Obviously impossible to resist trying them and I'll update you all as soon as I can. Probably in a couple of weeks time.

Uk prices for the Everest and K2 in the UK expected to be around £200 and £150 respecttively.
I'm advised that the level of upgrade from these will be beyond what people are prepared for and that PO has done a helluva job with these. [...]

So one just unscrew the original wooden knob and screw these on instead? How big are they?

I'm advised that the level of upgrade from these will be beyond what people are prepared for and that PO has done a helluva job with these.
My source tells me he was shocked at the level of improvement with them.
Obviously impossible to resist trying them and I'll update you all as soon as I can. Probably in a couple of weeks time.

That is more expensive than what I thought. I wasn't expecting as high a price simply because I would have expected these "add-ons" to be far lighter (literally) than any box and thus the freight costs would be much lower to Entreq distributers around the world. I then would have expected those savings to be passed on. Put it this way, if that pricing is consistent with current Australian pricing for comparably priced heavy (literally) Entreq products, I'd be looking at around $500 plus for an Everest! Priced that high, I might as well just sell an old ground box and buy the next one up in the range instead. It would work out the same. I surmise therefore that in the end these products are going to appeal more to the high-end Entreq clientele rather than customers shopping towards the lower end of the range.

I should just add that literally a moment ago Mr. Entreq his very self emailed me and tells me one of these new add-ons (K2 / Everest) will bring better results with a lower cost than upgrading to the next box in the Entreq range. Since I trust the man implicitly I will let him do the talking. Sadly I cannot afford even one of these for a long time (as I mentioned earlier, the fantastic Wireworld upgrade to the pure silver Gold series Reference was my entire audio equipment upgrade budget for two years!) so I will wait with eager eyes and ears for our resident Entreq expert Barry to give a report. PO tells me just one is enough to make a noticeable difference (even with multiple grounding points used with the boxes) though I'd actually be adding them not only for sonics but also or the mechanical integrity of the cable connection to the box.

Anyway, good to see PO is still avidly reading this forum! I still hope that the pricing in Australia will be more competitive with prices for Entreq equipment on both sides of the Atlantic since as mentioned earlier, dealers and distributers should be able to pack more retail value into their orders for a given total weight - something I hope will be of benefit to Antipodean audiophiles .

Thanks FF.
Yes they are a bit more expensive than I first thought but if they are as effective as PO says and the initial report I have had they should be cost effective.
Subject to more information and advice my initial thinking is to try them on the terminals with source grounding cables and the two Poseidon terminals I use for the negative speaker terminal grounding.
I'll keep you posted.

So one just unscrew the original wooden knob and screw these on instead? How big are they?

Yes just unscrew the existing one and replace with the new K2/Everest.
I don't know how big they are but from the illustration on the Entreq site they look to be a convenient finger thumb tightening size to help ensure a good firm connection.

Yes just unscrew the existing one and replace with the new K2/Everest.
I don't know how big they are but from the illustration on the Entreq site they look to be a convenient finger thumb tightening size to help ensure a good firm connection.

K2, Everest - I though you were debating JBL vintage speakers! :eek:

Stay tuned ..... image.jpg

Thanks Jazzhead
I'm waiting for my guy to get back to me about trying them.
Have you had the opportunity yet to try them in your system?

Hi Barry , yes three E 's. Two on my Olympus , one on my mini O . Still trying to figure out how exactly these contribute . So far there seems to a nice uptick on top end smoothness and resolution . Strings sounding smoother , woodwinds more dimensional and airy . Does seem to have lost some midrange glory , also a diminished sense of flow . Seems to be more powering thru passages rather than swaying from note to note . Noticeably quiter , but as if something is holding it back . I suspect a settling in period , as with most Entreq products .

PS : Sorry no measurements ?

Last edited:
Thanks jazzhead.
Yes I think it is very likely that they will need some burn/settling in time.
Are you using them on terminals for the earth leads for sources? My thinking was to use them in that way and on the Poseidon negative amplifier speaker terminals,

Although I am a fully converted disbeliever, my system is fully entrequed, scepticism raises its ugly head again. My experience has always been, that joints like that Olof's new offerings are meant for, should be clean, tight and as free from vibration as much as possible. Preferably they should also be of the same material as that of the component's lug. ( Silver on silver, copper on copper, etc.) All this can be achieved, I find, without spending that amount of money these things seem to cost. Perhaps they will have an influence on percieved sound. Every tweak does, be it originating outside or inside of that bit of anatomy, which has its place between our ears. So I will follow with great interest what reports will be forthcoming.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing