Entreq Tellus grounding

Hi Barry. Be careful!! It is avoid to connect both negative terminals of Amplifier to the same ground point. Even if you have different terminals, within the Silver Tellus the mix is the same.
Refer to Entreq manual.

Thank you very much Paolo.
Yes checked out the manual.
The Poseidon is being installed by an Entreq expert so I am sure he will make sure not to make any such mistake and I will update the detailed install/connections once it is up and running tomorrow.

Thank you very much Paolo.
Yes checked out the manual.
The Poseidon is being installed by an Entreq expert so I am sure he will make sure not to make any such mistake and I will update the detailed install/connections once it is up and running tomorrow.

Yes, indeed, no problem with Poseidon, but you wrote Silver Tellus instead.
BTW, sorry for mistake and enjoy your Poseidon, I'm sure you will appreciate it.
Keep us informed.

Yes, indeed, no problem with Poseidon, but you wrote Silver Tellus instead.
BTW, sorry for mistake and enjoy your Poseidon, I'm sure you will appreciate it.
Keep us informed.

Yes I wasn't as clear as I should have been and it was good of you to draw my attention to the Entreq manual guidance on negative speaker terminal grounding which is very important for anybody going down the amp negative speaker terminal grounding road and which we can both strongly recommend.
Really looking forward to the Poseidon install tomorrow and will keep you informed.

Poseidon and Apollo Wordclock cable have landed.
First just to say the former is a bulky and heavy piece of kit and the intended location in my system was frustrated by the new clock cable not being long enough. We found an alternative to begin with and will improve upon it later.
The Poseidon's three terminals have all been used for the Vitus SIA 025 integrated amp, two for the negative amp speaker terminals previously connected to two Silver Minimus, and the third for the amp input grounding previously connected to one of the two Silver Tellus which are both augmented by an Atlantis Tellus. So the amp has got the Rolls Royce treatment and all the earth cables are Apollo. One of the two freed Silver Minimus has been used for the Apollo Clockcable earth and the second is being traded in
All the rest of the system is grounded mainly with Apollo earth cables, an Atlantis or two and I think one silver which will be upgraded..
Once installed the first up listen was the Patricia Barber Modern Cool SACD, Post Modern Blues, through the DCS Puccini/Scarlatti clock and YG Kipod Signature passive speakers. Entreq Challenger biwire speaker cables earthed to a Silver Minimus and balanced Apollo i/c.
Brand new Poseidon with no run it at all. First notes no more than encouraging as you would expect. 5-10 minutes later clearly audible improvement. Next up Melody Gardot SACD The Absence. Great disc with top class atmospherics and musicianship.
Half an hour later it really starts to sing. Ambient detail, particularly the low level detail, coming through like never before. Tremendous timing and dynamics and a new sense of ease. A whole lot more of the music with greater presence and projection and that in the room sound.
Next up BBC Radio Three FM classical music and interviews followed by more classical pieces on Classic FM, a commercial station. The former featured an interview with an Italian jazz piano player. His words and speech were rendered better than I have ever heard before. Clear, nuanced and completely free of any distortion. Later on listened to some orchestral classical with eyes shut. The sound gave no clue as to the location of the speakers.
So these are my first impressions and as is obvious I am mightily impressed,It accords with other members experiences - Caliorapolo, Cuntigh and Rockitman who encouraged me to try it and my thanks to them.
All the Entreq boxes and cables have all steadily improved the sound quality of my system and the Poseidon is one of the top performers, the others being the negative amplifier grounding and the Apollo balanced i/cs for the sources.
I am very sure that the Apollo Clockcable has made a significant contribution to the SACD replay and will do the same when I get the chance to play some RB cds.
Listening time is a bit challenged by other commitments over the weekend so I thought I had better post this early review which I will follow up with shortly, but the Poseidon is clearly going to stay.

I thought I had better post this early review which I will follow up with shortly, but the Poseidon is clearly going to stay.

Congrats ... Hate to say it , but "I did say so" :p

Last edited:
Thanks Jazzhead.
Now you have got me wondering if in my mind I mistakenly credited Rockitman rather than your goodself with the first Poseidon review on this thread and if so my apologies and my thanks to you too!
Anno domini and not enough hours in the day.

Barry , I urge you to give the Entreq power and signal wraps a try . It will only add to the serenity and calmness . Happy Listening .

^+1 on Jazzhead's endorsement of the AC Wraps. I have the power wraps at one end of all the Shunyata Z Pythons and Anacondas and also found them very worthwhile - just a nice touch of additional chromatic intensity without any sense of loss in dynamics or mid bass structure.

The Poseidon is astonishingly and breathtakingly good. Simple as that. No ifs and no buts.
The system had been on for about an hour this morning so nicely warmed up. Listening to BBC Radio 3 FM on the MD 109. A piece of organ music comes on, Bach Prelude and Fugue in G Minor I discover at the end of it.Interrupt breakfast in the kitchen to sit in the lounge and listen.I have never heard an organ piece sound so good on any system ever before. Completely free of any distortion or background noise, all the different notes clearly delineated and placed in the soundstage, timbres and tonalities beautifully reproduced with authentic body. Later they play Callas from Puccini's Tosca. Now I know why her performances of Tosca are so highly regarded.
The Vitus SIA 025, playing in Class A, which has had the full benefit of the Poseidon, sounding better than ever before along with the YG Acoustics Kipod ii Signature passives, with negative speaker terminals grounded to th Poseidon with Apollo ground cables, really showing what they can do.
Still discovering the full benefits of the Poseidon and will update in the light of further experience but just had to record this while fresh in my mind and hearing.
The Poseidon is in addition to the two Silver Tellus, Atlantis Tellus, two Silver Minimus and Entreq cabling throughout the system so I am sure it is also benefitting from all those previous additions to the system but it has made a huge improvement to the sound of my system which was already very good.
In short, can't recommend it highly enough.

Switch to Eartha Atlantis to reap the full gamut , and be further astonished !! Congrats

Thanks.
Yes I am sure you are right but I'll let my ears fully catch up with this upgrade so all the better to appreciate the subsequent Atlantis upgrade.

Since someone recently told me to connect my negative speaker terminals to a Silver Tellus, I just wanted to post this warning from the Stillpoints website:

"You must use one Ground box and one ground cable per channel! Never use a single ground box to connect both channels. You will likely damage your amplifier."

Yes a useful caution.
Just to avoid any potential confusion it doesn't, however, apply to the Poseidon which in effect is three separate Olympus Minis.

Yes a useful caution.
Just to avoid any potential confusion it doesn't, however, apply to the Poseidon which in effect is three separate Olympus Minis.

Yes, but you weren't clear about this in post#1736.

Not counting the ridiculously over priced grounding cables, it looks like you have over $25K invested in these magic dirt boxes.

Ever think about putting those funds toward better source equipment, speakers/subs or rewiring(AC) your home?

The Poseidon is astonishingly and breathtakingly good. Simple as that. No ifs and no buts.
The system had been on for about an hour this morning so nicely warmed up. Listening to BBC Radio 3 FM on the MD 109. A piece of organ music comes on, Bach Prelude and Fugue in G Minor I discover at the end of it.Interrupt breakfast in the kitchen to sit in the lounge and listen.I have never heard an organ piece sound so good on any system ever before. Completely free of any distortion or background noise, all the different notes clearly delineated and placed in the soundstage, timbres and tonalities beautifully reproduced with authentic body. Later they play Callas from Puccini's Tosca. Now I know why her performances of Tosca are so highly regarded.
The Vitus SIA 025, playing in Class A, which has had the full benefit of the Poseidon, sounding better than ever before along with the YG Acoustics Kipod ii Signature passives, with negative speaker terminals grounded to th Poseidon with Apollo ground cables, really showing what they can do.
Still discovering the full benefits of the Poseidon and will update in the light of further experience but just had to record this while fresh in my mind and hearing.
The Poseidon is in addition to the two Silver Tellus, Atlantis Tellus, two Silver Minimus and Entreq cabling throughout the system so I am sure it is also benefitting from all those previous additions to the system but it has made a huge improvement to the sound of my system which was already very good.
In short, can't recommend it highly enough.

Hi Barry,
Great thread and great report!!!
I was sure you would have liked it.
IMHO, Poseidon is really the most effective way to treat the grounding, and, in a different way respect the other Entreq's grounding boxes, its time for improvement seems to be at least a week.
The "materialization" of the sound seems to be the most important feature. For materialization I mean the ability to make it real and physical the string instruments for example.
"Va Pensiero" chorus from Verdi's Nabucco, is there, great, large and stately, maintaining at the same time the details needed to perfectly locate each chorus raw.
Finally, I have two Poseidons, but I'm already planning to take a third to try to use the two Atlantis cable connectors on two different terminals of the box.

Yes, but you weren't clear about this in post#1736.

Not counting the ridiculously over priced grounding cables, it looks like you have over $25K invested in these magic dirt boxes.

Ever think about putting those funds toward better source equipment, speakers/subs or rewiring(AC) your home?

Maiudan, it's understandable you'd say this, but these "dirt boxes" improve the sound of the whole system. So, when you can mention an upgrade that ups the ante on the whole of tt/cd/pre/power/spkrs, all for $25k, then please get back. Barry has the signal cables he wants, the components he likes and has got a good blend on. Personally, I have spent a significant amount on balanced power, and soon-to-be dedicated lines, and am sure he'd benefit from his spending funds here, but I along w/Barry, Lloyd, Jazzhead and all the other proponents here, get impvts above and beyond, that make grounding expenditure excellent vfm.
Re yr label of "dirt boxes", I'll let others respond to that.

Thanks Paolo.
Yes you were absolutely right and I am delighted with the Poseidon which certainly seems to be the the real star of the Entreq grounding products, but I say that without having had any experience of the Olympos Tellus. In fact, I have not read of anybody's experience with that.
Your description of the Poseidon's effect on the sound accurately matches my experience and I am looking forward to some further improvement as per your experience. I am also finding that the vocals are significantly more intelligible and better rendered. The words are much clearer and the nuances of the voices are revealed better. All in all quite a result!
I will look forward to hearing how it goes with your third Poseidon and the Atlantis earth cables. I am going to stick with the Apollos for now but plan to try Atlantis at a future stage and it will be very helpful to hear of your experience. Jazzhead has already commended them to me so if your experience is similarly positive that will be encouraging.I have been advised that the Atlantis can on occasions be system dependent so probably wise to try before buying.
Thanks for all your help and keep us posted.

Maiudan, it's understandable you'd say this, but these "dirt boxes" improve the sound of the whole system. So, when you can mention an upgrade that ups the ante on the whole of tt/cd/pre/power/spkrs, all for $25k, then please get back. Barry has the signal cables he wants, the components he likes and has got a good blend on. Personally, I have spent a significant amount on balanced power, and soon-to-be dedicated lines, and am sure he'd benefit from his spending funds here, but I along w/Barry, Lloyd, Jazzhead and all the other proponents here, get impvts above and beyond, that make grounding expenditure excellent vfm.
Re yr label of "dirt boxes", I'll let others respond to that.

+1. Agree with you. Better way is to ignore!!

Thanks Paolo.
Yes you were absolutely right and I am delighted with the Poseidon which certainly seems to be the the real star of the Entreq grounding products, but I say that without having had any experience of the Olympos Tellus. In fact, I have not read of anybody's experience with that.
Your description of the Poseidon's effect on the sound accurately matches my experience and I am looking forward to some further improvement as per your experience. I am also finding that the vocals are significantly more intelligible and better rendered. The words are much clearer and the nuances of the voices are revealed better. All in all quite a result!
I will look forward to hearing how it goes with your third Poseidon and the Atlantis earth cables. I am going to stick with the Apollos for now but plan to try Atlantis at a future stage and it will be very helpful to hear of your experience. Jazzhead has already commended them to me so if your experience is similarly positive that will be encouraging.I have been advised that the Atlantis can on occasions be system dependent so probably wise to try before buying.
Thanks for all your help and keep us posted.

Hi Barry, I'm deep into my dream move to Norfolk (finally, clean power promised!), and this stuff is next on my list to audition. I have to say, I finally turned down the S. Minimus -ve amp spkr terminal grounding, but happy to revisit w/Poseidon, and thence onto O. Tellus.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing