Entreq Tellus grounding

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
It may help to keep in mind these boxes arent some type of black hole magically sucking up noise. They can convert one type of energy to another. This is however usually a 2 way street. For ecample, if you have a piezoelectric element converting a voltage (noise) to heat by friction (vibration) it will tend to do the same the other way around.

Reactions: gkg2k

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
It may help to keep in mind these boxes arent some type of black hole magically sucking up noise. They can convert one type of energy to another. This is however usually a 2 way street. For ecample, if you have a piezoelectric element converting a voltage (noise) to heat by friction (vibration) it will tend to do the same the other way around.
Are you sure that they aren't magic black holes?
It seems like a better explanation.

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
In the last days I'm using Konstantin Earthas Infinity line. They are connecting the tube monos to Tellus II. They really increase resolution and transparence. This real benefits are accompanied by a little loss of smoothness and warmth, especially in the mids. Have anybody experiences with the break-in-time of eartha cables, in particular the infinity line ?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
In the last days I'm using Konstantin Earthas Infinity line. They are connecting the tube monos to Tellus II. They really increase resolution and transparence. This real benefits are accompanied by a little loss of smoothness and warmth, especially in the mids. Have anybody experiences with the break-in-time of eartha cables, in particular the infinity line ?

hello Simone,

I have 8 Infinity level cables in my system; 4 of them were kept in the same spots that the previous version cables were used. I perceived that same increase you mention of resolution and transparency. I did not hear any reduction in body, warmth, flow, liquidity, or smoothness. to my ears it was more refined and nuanced in small degrees. but this stuff is so contextual that I can certainly understand how this change could go that way.

I might recommend considering some sort of change in footers (rack or floor interface) as the higher resolution and vividness can push things into a more clinical sound if there is not sufficient decoupling; the increase in information might have uncovered something. you might just need to see where that takes you. that is how it's gone for me; when I added the Everest knobs and the Atlantic Minimus boxes to my Poseidon it pushed things into a clinical type sound with the increased resolution. I then added Wave Kinetics A10 U8 footers (under the Poseidon and under each of the 3 Atlantic Minimus boxes) and that calmed things down and balanced the tonal picture and made things more refined. since I added those footers the Infinity level cable change was a positive gain and no downside.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Mike,

you are right. Footers play a significant role concerning the performance of entreq grounding. The Tellus II is placed in a dedicated shelf of a ::tonapparate Rack. Unfortunately there is no space remaining to place additional footers below Tellus II. For Silvertellus and several Tellus/Minimus/Silverminimus I use Garbo II and Magic Cubes (Tonträger Audio). I prefer wood on wood :) They increase sonics for relativ low Money.
In the meantime sound bettered; especially because of an additional Receivus, placed on the mono tube amps. The result of two Konstantin Infinity line earthas and one Receivus is much more ease in sound, as I know it from systems like livingvoice. Unbelievable ! On this way I would like to thank PO for his helpful advice. His kindness is not typically for this business.

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Mike,

you are right. Footers play a significant role concerning the performance of entreq grounding. The Tellus II is placed in a dedicated shelf of a ::tonapparate Rack. Unfortunately there is no space remaining to place additional footers below Tellus II. For Silvertellus and several Tellus/Minimus/Silverminimus I use Garbo II and Magic Cubes (Tonträger Audio). I prefer wood on wood :) They increase sonics for relativ low Money.
In the meantime sound bettered; especially because of an additional Receivus, placed on the mono tube amps. The result of two Konstantin Infinity line earthas and one Receivus is much more ease in sound, as I know it from systems like livingvoice. Unbelievable ! On this way I would like to thank PO for his helpful advice. His kindness is not typically for this business.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks Mike. Look good! Will need to contact Wave Kinetics. Wonder if they ship to Malaysia?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks Mike. Look good! Will need to contact Wave Kinetics. Wonder if they ship to Malaysia?

i'm sure they do. email them on their web site. other Entreq owners have also had good results. the A10 U8 is particularly good at not changing the tonality or causing any edge to things. and it's height seems to work with the Entreq wood feet just right.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks Mike. I'm using the Entreq Olympus Minimus. Do you just place the footers under the wooden box or you remove the "stock" wooden feet? Pictures look like the WV footers are just placed under.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks Mike. I'm using the Entreq Olympus Minimus. Do you just place the footers under the wooden box or you remove the "stock" wooden feet? Pictures look like the WV footers are just placed under.

just underneath beside the stock footers. I use 3 A10 U8's for all my Entreq boxes. possibly if you used the Olympic Tellus you might use 4 due to the weight.

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Dear Mike,

what are the brass coloured cones for ? Do they increase sound quality ?
Never saw those one before !
Thx in advance

Simone

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Dear Mike,

what are the brass coloured cones for ? Do they increase sound quality ?
Never saw those one before !
Thx in advance

Simone

the brass cones are the stock footers from my Tripoint Elite grounding box. I removed those when I used the Hardpoint Trinia decoupling footers underneath the Elite about a month ago (which was huge).

i figured those beautiful cones would help, but have not yet got around to removing them and trying to hear a difference. they were just too 'cool' to not try them somewhere. i thought i heard a slight positive difference when i first placed them there but i was doing so many different things in the system then i decided not to think about it.

btw; i suspect (but it's not certain) that the Hardpoint footers would be better than the A10 U8's under the Entreq but they are more than twice as expensive so I've not gone there. and i have 8 sets of -4- A10 U8's so i need to use them.

frekivalto

Jan 6, 2018
Hi there.

I'm new to the forum. I apologize for the English language but I do not speak, I only learned the muslim language ...
What do you experience what you suggest to the following:
there is an olympus tellus 6 + 1 output grounding box. I have a PS Audio P10 tap unit. The earthing conductor, which is an Atlantis-type, shuko connection, into which socket? Available in one of the free output sockets of the P10 or in the socket from which it is powered, ie into the 230V wall outlet?
Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

"Google translator for my friend"

Peter from Hungary.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Hi there.

I'm new to the forum. I apologize for the English language but I do not speak, I only learned the muslim language ...
What do you experience what you suggest to the following:
there is an olympus tellus 6 + 1 output grounding box. I have a PS Audio P10 tap unit. The earthing conductor, which is an Atlantis-type, shuko connection, into which socket? Available in one of the free output sockets of the P10 or in the socket from which it is powered, ie into the 230V wall outlet?
Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

"Google translator for my friend"

Peter from Hungary.

welcome frekivalto, to What's Best Forum. sorry to say, the google translation is not good enough for me to understand your question. and personally I am not familiar with the PS Audio P10.

if you know how to load pictures, post them, maybe then we can understand your problem and help you.

best regards,

Mike

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Peter and welcome to WBF and the Entreq thread.
The PS Audio P10 is a mains regenerator and the Entreq ground boxes and cables are intended for use with amps, speakers and sources and I am not aware of them being used with mains regenerators.
An Olympus Tellus is designed to clean up the RFI/EMI that is found in signal cables but also can be used with the Entreq power cable at the top end of the range which have an earth drain as part of their construction, but I doubt it would be a cost effective option to use one of those pcs with the P10.
A more cost effective option would be to connect your amp and sources to the Olympus with a suitable Entreq earth cable. The Apollo earth cable is probably the sweet spot in the range of earth cables but the less expensive ones are also very good

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Hi Barry, Entreq ground box can used with power conditioner using a power plug ground cable.

I am using Poseidon with Exact Power EP15A with good result. EP15A partially regerated power, it makes power to make sure output is 120V.

I have 4 friends that connect Silver Tellus to Burmester 948 power conditioner. Now three of them upgrade to Olympus Tellus. They have the copper post connected to wall receptacle, one silver post connect to 948 using power plug ground cable.

Hong Kong HiFi magazine, Hifi Review. One of the writer Mr.Chung wrote on his Facebook, connect Silver Minimus or Tellus 2(middle post) to PS Audio P10 with great improvement. I have screenshot of the pic and comments. I will post the pic and translate what he wrote later. He wrote in Chinese.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing