Entreq Tellus grounding

Tom Edwards

Nov 5, 2017
United Kingdom
Well,you learn something every day. My Posiedon sits on a Townshend Seismic Sink with the SCD 025 on top. My silver Tellus and Atlantis Tellus sit on a suspended wooden floor. As does my recent second Posiedon purchase(alas only grounding the RI 100 ATM). I have a second identical stand dismantled. My task this weekend is to re assemble the stand and fill it with Entreq boxes. It will certainly take some air in those tubes to carry the weight of that little lot! I will have a listen and report back next week.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
View attachment 37443

Speaker terminal posts are separate. I have two pairs of speaker cables closer to the terminal base.

Only grounding right channel, imaging is better than without any grounding. Instruments are more 3D, vocal is in the center as before.

I really expect grounding 2 channels will be better than only grounding 1 channel, but it doesn't in my case. Probably no one has try only ground 1 channel vs both channels in a stereo amp.

agree, this is out of box thinking. and hard for my mind to process. I suppose it's possibly telling us something about the larger system synergy things going on. maybe if you also tried doing only the other side more insight will be revealed. is it this side that is significant, or only one side at a time that is the issue, or maybe even switch the speaker cables side to side and see if it's maybe an amp channel issue.

very interesting situation.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I was going to give Entreq -ve spkr terminal grounding a go, but it’s looking physically impossible.
My Nat 211 monos spkr terminals screw-down locking just doesn’t alllow for a second spade to sit in the very restricted slot that’s good for one spade only.
One’s cosy, two’s a crowd.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I was going to give Entreq -ve spkr terminal grounding a go, but it’s looking physically impossible.
My Nat 211 monos spkr terminals screw-down locking just doesn’t alllow for a second spade to sit in the very restricted slot that’s good for one spade only.
One’s cosy, two’s a crowd.

you can find a thin wafer (or even bare wire) that will fit and then screw the end of the wafer (or wire) onto the Entreq cable spade (a couple of washers, a screw and a nut will tighten them together). not a big deal to rig up if sufficiently motivated. obviously since you are dealing with some current from the terminal proper care must be applied to insulate this contraption.

this is something you should at least try as it seems to provide some boost to the most significant performance equation (amp-speaker) in the whole system.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I got nothing from this back in London, and since it’s a dog to get right here, I’m really not bothered.
The captive screw cap that tightens the spkr cbl spade on has a slot JUST bigger than the spade you slide into it.
But not enough for two spades.
C’est la vie.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I don't want to preach or nag you Marc but IMHO using your acoustic nightmare of a listening room in London as a continued reference point is counter productive except for recognising what an improvement your new room is.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sure, get that.
Fact remains I cannot accommodate 2 spades in the terminals’ tight slots.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Spades only.
What you don’t try, you can’t miss.
I know eg going Furutech NCF IECs on my gear would take me to the next level.
It’s practically v complex to perform IEC surgery on my NATs, my cdp has an IEC/pwr switch combo, which precludes going new IECs all round on my gear.
I’m not going to bother.
Despite knowing I’m missing out.
Same potentially w this extra Entreq grounding.
I’m just happy I’ve “rediscovered” Entreq.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just grounded my Silver Cleanus passive filter to the Olympus Minimus, sharing this now with an Apollo from my cdp.
Immediately bringing more to the party, losing a touch of overly prominent lower frequencies.
Theoretically S Cleanus should be grounded w Olympus Minimus solely, not sharing the latter.
But beggars can’t be choosers, and this is working nicely.
Once I get my replacement cap, and can reutilise the fourth terminal on my S Tellus, this is how things will stay.
As it is, this seems a good balance, reducing load on S Tellus by one component, and could incidentally keeping digital gremlins from the cdp seperate from analog ones on the S Tellus.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey, just realised, I’m contributing ongoing to the first thread I ever put fwd on WBF.
Takes me back 4 years ago.
I was SO good looking then.
Now?...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
My main lines of experimentation once my S Tellus fourth ground terminal cap gets sorted are
1- whether to keep both preamp
Apollos, or revert back to one, freeing up an 8th space on the S Tellus
2- whether to keep O Minimus just to ground S Cleanus, or share it with a component Apollo
3- further to 2), keep that second Apollo on the O Minimus as currently ie from the cdp, or maybe switch the cdp Apollo back to the S Tellus, and ground the Straingauge or preamp Apollo to the O Minimus.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hey, just realised, I’m contributing ongoing to the first thread I ever put fwd on WBF.
Takes me back 4 years ago.
I was SO good looking then.
Now?...

You started on WBF with the longest thread on WBF? Do you know my first post here was looking for you, because I googled something and landed on this forum, and could not PM you before I made a first few posts. Plus you were in London, so thought I would post and connect. There you have it, Marc, if not for Google, we would never have met

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ha Ked!
Don’t you just HATE social media LOL?
I thought we met at that guy’s house w the Koda preamp and Troy grounding box?
I’m sure it took off from there.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Now we’re motoring.
I’ve just altered my Zus subs xovers a little to accommodate the extra high end energy the Entreq is aiding, and things feel nicely “in the pocket”.
I actually had a sale enquiry for my Entreq the day I posted my misgivings.
Had a solid offer been made, they’d have been sold.
Thank the Lord for cooling off time LOL.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ha Ked!
Don’t you just HATE social media LOL?
I thought we met at that guy’s house w the Koda preamp and Troy grounding box?
I’m sure it took off from there.

We connected before that

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing