Entreq Tellus grounding

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi Mike , Why no Atlantis Tellus charger with your Silver Tellus ? You have experienced what the the little A Minimus did with your Poseidon .Ripe for the picking I'd say !

honestly; with the Tripoint Elite on the sources i'm not hardly hearing any relative contribution from the Silver Tellus (with a pair of Atlantic Eartha and Apollo Eartha cables). and the Elite sounds.....well.....Elite......on the sources. so my thinking is more finding another spot for the Silver Tellus.....maybe re-tasking it to the Studer RTR's and the King Cello.

and.......and after recently adding the MSB Select II, the second power supply, then the Elite, and now the American Sounds tt......:eek::eek::eek:

At last! Someone else other than me spending Mike's hard earned LOL.

Loose change :p

i'll ask my wife about that.:rolleyes:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
My good friend and avowed non audiophile, who cannot take the spending in our hobby seriously (but very much likes the end results), really screwed up his face when I told him how much I spent on a single fuse.
And kinda lost it when I mentioned my pre needed...eleven! And nineteen system wide.
Honesty is the best policy

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Today

I received Entreq Apollo Lan Cable and Olympus Ten.

Apollo Lan Cable is the best Enreq product. I never expected streaming sound is like CD quality.

The cable is Entreq's first reasonable product, because it includes grounding line~!!!!

SAM_0330.jpg

On the other hand, Olympus Ten can't give me impression.

SAM_0331.jpg

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
my 2.jpg

Thank you~!!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations Esotar
What a great set up!
Keep us posted

+1!

I congratulate and envy people playing the "grounding" games. I would happily consider joining if I could find some systematics on its use and the economics of it.

But it looks at a black hole, where information (and funds...) gets in and does not get out.

Insurmountable question. Tripoint and Entreq seem to achieve similar effects, although in different grades. They seem to have very different fundamental basics - Entreq floats, Tripoint is connected to mother ground. But in practice are they complementary, or at a certain point they achieve the same results?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
honestly; with the Tripoint Elite on the sources i'm not hardly hearing any relative contribution from the Silver Tellus (with a pair of Atlantic Eartha and Apollo Eartha cables). and the Elite sounds.....well.....Elite......on the sources. so my thinking is more finding another spot for the Silver Tellus.....maybe re-tasking it to the Studer RTR's and the King Cello.

and.......and after recently adding the MSB Select II, the second power supply, then the Elite, and now the American Sounds tt......:eek::eek::eek:

i'll ask my wife about that.:rolleyes:

How can you tell whether the Tellus is contributing or not , unless you disconnected and compared at some point . Lose change .. My suggestion to the uber priced items recently acquired. Cheers.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
How can you tell whether the Tellus is contributing or not , unless you disconnected and compared at some point . Lose change .. My suggestion to the uber priced items recently acquired. Cheers.

I have had it connected for a few days, then not connected for a few days, and cannot hear a reliable difference. but the Elite's effect has been evolving. so my investigations are not yet complete. only that boosting it when i'm not sure it's helping in that particular spot is not a plan. I need to get some lift to rationalize more investment.

there is no hurry to reach any conclusion.

if I move the Silver Tellus to the Studer's i'll likely switch the Atlantic and Apollo Eartha cables to spades from RCA's and do chassis grounding. and then I might add the Atlantic booster assuming I get a lift to begin with.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
+1!

I congratulate and envy people playing the "grounding" games. I would happily consider joining if I could find some systematics on its use and the economics of it.

But it looks at a black hole, where information (and funds...) gets in and does not get out.

Insurmountable question. Tripoint and Entreq seem to achieve similar effects, although in different grades. They seem to have very different fundamental basics - Entreq floats, Tripoint is connected to mother ground. But in practice are they complementary, or at a certain point they achieve the same results?

Micro,

there are times I wish I had the brains and training to view things and comment with an engineer's acquired tools.

and yet there are times when that perspective can prevent forward progress. of course, it's not that simple. but on some levels there is a bit of blind faith involved on this subject.

I know Entreq does allow for a 30 day (or is it 2 weeks?) trial period, at least they did last time I looked.

I wish you success on attaining rationalization for your explorations. I respect your reasons for reticence.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Micro,

there are times I wish I had the brains and training to view things and comment with an engineer's acquired tools.

and yet there are times when that perspective can prevent forward progress. of course, it's not that simple. but on some levels there is a bit of blind faith involved on this subject.

I know Entreq does allow for a 30 day (or is it 2 weeks?) trial period, at least they did last time I looked.

I wish you success on attaining rationalization for your explorations. I respect your reasons for reticence.

I admire your integrity and frankness in admitting the bit of blind faith. But when experienced listeners admit such magnitude effects I can not avoid thinking that there is something else more rational behind and beyond blind faith in their choices. Thinks would be easy if I could easily try these devices, but to bring them to my place is a lot of hassle, time and money. So I ask the questions before, not after, as I want to make the proper choice with as much information as possible to select them. IMHO it is not only an engineer perspective, it is common sense for someone in my position, as well as some audiophile curiosity. :)

I am prepared to accept the most extravagant tweaks - IMHO in the high-end any equipment worth his cost should be a tweak - audio forums are a place where we can debate the unexplainable. Along several years my audiophile perspectives have developed significantly thanks to WBF - again apologies if my insistence seems to bother you, it is a consequence of your experience and public enthusiasm. What would be the point of addressing questions to non believers?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Micro,

Maybe then you would not have experimented and tuned by your ear and possibly the system would not have sounded close to what it is now.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Maybe then you would not have experimented and tuned by your ear and possibly the system would not have sounded close to what it is now.

a little ignorance is good for the soul (assuming sufficient amounts of relentlessness and the proper sonic compass).

likely I would never have tried my 'by ear' speaker and room tuning approach if I was wedded to measurements.

it would be fun to see how the results would differ, if scientific methods were used instead. who knows?

if my speaker designer visits again; maybe I will find out.

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I admire your integrity and frankness in admitting the bit of blind faith. But when experienced listeners admit such magnitude effects I can not avoid thinking that there is something else more rational behind and beyond blind faith in their choices. Thinks would be easy if I could easily try these devices, but to bring them to my place is a lot of hassle, time and money. So I ask the questions before, not after, as I want to make the proper choice with as much information as possible to select them. IMHO it is not only an engineer perspective, it is common sense for someone in my position, as well as some audiophile curiosity. :)

I am prepared to accept the most extravagant tweaks - IMHO in the high-end any equipment worth his cost should be a tweak - audio forums are a place where we can debate the unexplainable. Along several years my audiophile perspectives have developed significantly thanks to WBF - again apologies if my insistence seems to bother you, it is a consequence of your experience and public enthusiasm. What would be the point of addressing questions to non believers?

Like Mike I am not an engineer either but in the three years since I tried and heard a Minimus and have steadily added and upgraded since then I have been disappointed only once with a Entreq product which was a now departed Receivus.
Everything else - Tellus,Silver Tellus, Poseidon and Olympus plus earth cable upgrades, i/cs, speaker cables and power cables, have all delivered ever more musical and natural sound and veils disappearing.
There are two more upgrades in the pipeline which I will report on later so my enthusiasm for their products remains very high and FWIW I can only join Mike in encouraging you to try them.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
My good friend and avowed non audiophile, who cannot take the spending in our hobby seriously (but very much likes the end results), really screwed up his face when I told him how much I spent on a single fuse.
And kinda lost it when I mentioned my pre needed...eleven! And nineteen system wide.
Honesty is the best policy

Marc have you by any chance got confused?
Eleven fuses for your preamp seems unbelieveable.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ah, yes, eleven.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
You use Everet, right?

In Korea, there are not K2 and Everest.

To Entreq, Korea is very special existence.

K2 and Everest include Korean HI FI site manager's idea partly.

So, Entreq produces Korean exclusive binding post.

This is below

SAM_0333.jpg

Looks not good. Ha Ha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing