EAR868 preamp MM Capacitance

Sjosse

Sep 12, 2011
Hello!
I have looked everywhere online but not been able to get an answer. EAR Yoshino and my local import dealer didn't know!
I want to know what the Capacitance on the MM phono stage is? EAR868 preamplifier.
Why so? Because I want to run MM cartridge, and I suspect that is not zero capacitance.
I did try a Clear audio Maestro V2 it's recommended capacitance loading is 100pF, the result is a muted sound in the high frequency, that's what's happened when there is a capacitance missmatch!
Also tried a Audio technica AT95, same thing, but strangely one channel goes dead with the audio technica!
I did try a Nagaoka MP110 (moving iron) with no problems, except that it's to big for my tonearm's headshell!
I would like to run a higher modell like the Audio technica VM740.
But the jobb just to borrow and trying out alot of cartridge is just to much work!
So if anyone has experience with EAR phono stage using a MM cartridge with a lot of "Bite" please let me know!
Best regards/Fredrik

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing