Don't Miss This 45 rpm Music Matters Reissue

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Simply astounding playing and sound!

Gotta love Burrell!

Is arguably the best sound RVG recording --not too mention jazz recording -- I've heard to date!

Attachments

• turrentine.jpg
    turrentine.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 247

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
+1!

Discovering Stanley Turrentine has been one of the great joys of the MM series for me.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Know of him, but not familiar with him. Listening to some cuts on the Tube and seeing if I like it.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I recommend "Live At Minton's, Vol 2." & "Look Out!" on MusicMatters.

Also check out his work on Kenny Burrell's "Midnight Blue" (Analogue Productions).

"Let It Go" on Impulse! is also very good.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Simply astounding playing and sound!

Gotta love Burrell!

Is arguably the best sound RVG recording --not too mention jazz recording -- I've heard to date!

Thanks Myles. I'm on it. I just checked on Elusive Disc and they say to preorder it for delivery in October.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Thanks Myles. I'm on it. I just checked on Elusive Disc and they say to preorder it for delivery in October.

Hmmmm....I have a standing order and get my albums directly from MMJ. It just came in the mail today so the album is out. I'd order it and if ED doesn't have the album in stock, it should very shortly. It's sounds simply amazing with the ZYX Universe 2 that really emphasizes instrumental tonality.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Can you guys suggest a couple of tunes from other albums I could review on youtube? I liked the few cuts I heard from the LP Myles posted.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Look for his live version of "Summertime"...will convince you of the existence of the almighty!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Look for his live version of "Summertime"...will convince you of the existence of the almighty!

Thanks Doc!:D I noticed this is on the Up At "Minton's" Vol 2 LP. Luckily my local online supplier has it, plus I get free shipping. I've added it to my cart!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing