Dolemite Is My Name - Eddie Murphy / Netflix

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Eddie is one of the best comedians still alive today. I'm glad to see him here in splendid form, true to himself.

Ok, this is not the type of drama for everyone, it's much more than that; it's a comedy to relax @ the movies. It's totally outrageous if you're the free spirit type. And yes it's based on those older flicks from back then...in the seventies...absolutely awful.

Overall: Just watch it and enjoy the good fun times in Eddie's and friends company. It's 90% fun entertainment.
Eddie is a videophile, and he likes good tunes (in real life).
You'll be @ ease with the music score and performances...you'll get in the groove...unmistakably.

Warning: Language and nudity is on the restricted borderline. So if you're the sensitive type just skip it.
Everyone else have good time...smiling and laughing. There is some' for all.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Good movie Edie is still funny when he is not being political.
Plot similar to Bowfinger, Steve Martin just gave that one an extra edge.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Bowfinger was great!
Dolomite was yuck....

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Bowfinger still makes me laugh today, Dolomite was interesting from a
historically perspective.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
I'll watch anything Eddie is in. So many classics to name. I grew up watching Trading Places, Coming to America, and Beverly Hills Cop.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Just loved the movie and Eddie is phenomenal (IMHO)

Reactions: jespera

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I heard that in Eddie's heyday (48 Hours to Dr. Doolittle?), he had the longest unbroken silver streak of top grossing moves. More than Cruise, Arnie, HFord, more than anyone. He was THE Numero Uno, bar none.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Not only Eddie was in top form in his latest flick but it was a good reminder of his great amount of acting work from years gone by.
'Dolemite is My Name' brought some of it, and more.
For this high-end audio crowd here this film is in my opinion a must watch.

There's a moment in the film, when the music score grabs you by the soul long enough to make you realize what the essence of the film is about. Everything else is whipped cream and strawberries on top.

I am certain some of you here are going to experience that similar pleasant experience.
The film is loaded with music moments that elevates it above the rest, snippets of subtlety @ times, and @ others times with obvious record visuals. It'll bring you back in your own mid-seventies experience...the record years...the albums magic.

Then to the movies, the fun process, people enjoying good laughing fun.
And with Eddie Murphy and crew here we get in spades.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing