Django Unchained

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I like anything that pushes the artistic limits; Tarantino is up there. BTW, any of our Boston friends going to Verdi's Requiem this week? I am attending Friday's performance... should be rather... rewarding, to say the least.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I like anything that pushes the artistic limits; Tarantino is up there. BTW, any of our Boston friends going to Verdi's Requiem this week? I am attending Friday's performance... should be rather... rewarding, to say the least.

No, but I was there this past Thursday for the Dutilleux/Tchaikovsky/Stravinsky/Ravel performance.

I'm not familiar with Verdi's Requiem...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
He won Best Supporting in that one as well. Terrific film.

Saw Inglorious Basterds and liked the performance of Christoph Waltz as well. No wonder he won an Oscar for this. You gotta give it to QT for these kinds of endings.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I wouldn't say I hate QT. I actually like a couple of his films quite a bit. I just think once you've seen a couple of them, if you're paying attention, you'll get what he's about and it's pretty much the same from then on.

Tim

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I wouldn't say I hate QT. I actually like a couple of his films quite a bit. I just think once you've seen a couple of them, if you're paying attention, you'll get what he's about and it's pretty much the same from then on.

Tim

When I watch a QT film it reminds me of the very first time I saw Arthur Penn's Bonnie And Clyde in 1967 and Sam Peckinpah's "The Wild Bunch" with William Holden and Ernest Borgnine. These were film styles which were IMO the first to truly depict graphic violence.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Due to watching Django Unchained, I got interested in the old spaghetti westerns that were shown when I was too young to watch movies, so I started to watch The Good the Bad and the Ugly. I couldn't believe that it was nearly 3 hours. I watched only maybe for a half hour, and found it too slow and quite dragging, except for the gunshots. There's too much talking too. Clint looks good and Van Cleef, really bad. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/2013-...s-third-rewritten-history-film-185028979.html

Quentin Tarantino hints at third ‘rewritten history’ film
By Mark Deming | Yahoo! Movies Oscars Blog – 3 hours ago

Quentin Tarantino at the 2013 BAFTA Awards on Sunday in LondonQuentin Tarantino at the 2013 BAFTA Awards on Sunday in London (Photo: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images)After offering an alternate version of how the Allies won World War II in "Inglorious Basterds" and rewriting the history of slavery in the pre-Civil War South in "Django Unchained," Quentin Tarantino may not be done re-imagining the past.

Tarantino was in London Sunday night as the British Academy of Film and Television Arts were presenting the annual BAFTA Awards. Tarantino took home the prize for Best Original Screenplay for "Django Unchained," and Christoph Waltz won Best Supporting Actor his performance in the movie. While speaking to the press after his win, Tarantino alluded to his future plans, saying, "This [rewritten history theme] begs a trilogy, it begs to have a third movie on this theme. I haven't decided about what yet, but I wouldn't be surprised."

Tarantino offered no specifics Sunday evening, but it isn't the first time he has hinted at a third offbeat spin on history. Shortly before "Django Unchained" opened last December, the filmmaker told a reporter at "The Root" about his thoughts on a third historical film -- in this case a story spun off from "Inglorious Basterds."

"I don't know exactly when I'm going to do it, but there's something about this that would suggest a trilogy," Tarantino said. "My original idea for 'Inglorious Basterds' way back when was that this [would be] a huge story that included the [smaller] story that you saw in the film, but also followed a bunch of black troops, and they had been f---ed over by the American military and kind of go apes---. They basically – the way Lt. Aldo Raines [Brad Pitt] and the Basterds are having an 'Apache Resistance' – [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland."

Tarantino went on to say, "When I decided to try to turn it into a movie, that was a section I had to take out to help tame my material. I have most of that written. It's ready to go; I just have to write the second half of it." Tarantino even offered a possible title for the film: "Killer Crow."

Tarantino fans are aware of the director's habit of talking about projects that never end up happening, such as a "Pulp Fiction"/"Reservoir Dogs" cross over that revealed John Travolta and Michael Madsen's characters were brothers; or a third movie in the "Kill Bill" series. But Tarantino is dropping enough hints about a third exercise in violent historical speculation that this time it seems just a bit more likely to happen, and the success of "Django Unchained" sure doesn’t hurt the chances.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing