Diptyque Audio DP=160 The New Reference ?!..

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Never heard of this Brand before but they might just be something very special !

More info here

Wilson Audio Killers ??? >>>>

https://www.diptyqueaudio.com/en/41-english

Diptyque Audio is coming out with their own cables that brings out the best sound for their speakers coming soon !

"Hear things you have never heard before!"

These sound Damn GOOD even on You Tube !...

Here's a video on the smaller DP-77's

Wilson Audio Killers ???

Here's the DP-140's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-fFC8Kd3Ls

Last edited:
Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
No but a friend up north has heard them and he likes them better than the Bayz Audio Counterpoints and the Wilson Audio Chronosonic XVX's ! He said they sounded more realistic than any speakers he has ever heard
Wow that’s a big statement.they must be something special.I to would like to hear them.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I have to tell my friend to listen to these Diptyque Audio speakers with the "Perfect Amp", the all new DartzeeL CTH-8550 MK2's ! :p

Perfect !

DartZeel Factory Tour !

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
They use raved Elpispandora Chiron speaker cables with their speakers to really make them sing

https://instagram.com/elpispandora/

Review coming soon !

Last edited:

germinal

Nov 5, 2021
I have to tell my friend to listen to these Diptyque Audio speakers with the "Perfect Amp", the all new DartzeeL CTH-8550 MK2's ! :p

Perfect !

DartZeel Factory Tour !

This is exactly the combo I have playing now…

have to say the perform well with mcintosh too.. ?? not so much with Gryphon for example.

germinal

Nov 5, 2021
The top of the line Diptyque Audio DP-160 Signatures get you closest to the "Real Thing" than anything on the world market !

Sounds AMAZING with GOOOOOD GEAR !!

USA Dealer

https://www.atelier13-usa.com/diptyque-dp160
The only thing I miss is deep-full-palpable bass…

The higher frequencies they do so well..

but I miss the bass.. even so that it went out to audition the KLIPSCH CORNWALL IV…

maybe I should just add a sub to the DP-160 ?

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
The only thing I miss is deep-full-palpable bass…

The higher frequencies they do so well..

but I miss the bass.. even so that it went out to audition the KLIPSCH CORNWALL IV…

maybe I should just add a sub to the DP-160 ?
the cornwalls are excellent speakers for the money.

germinal

Nov 5, 2021
So I got the Cornwalls.. what a difference to the
the cornwalls are excellent speakers for the money.

do you have experience with them ?

what do you think about this statement ?

“While many speakers invite you to them, and beckon you toward music that happens between or behind them, Cornwall IV ushers the music to you in absolute effortless fashion. It’s a key distinction. Forget about needing to lean in or meet songs at a halfway point; Cornwall IV aims and directs the action right at you. If you’ve always desired your own concert venue, and can live without laser-sharp imaging and exacting specificity that let you debate the location of the row the mixing engineer intended you to be seated, Cornwall IV will likely cause you to ask, “Where have these been all my life?” Visceral, unapologetic, and the embodiment of engaging, Cornwall IV brings music alive in sensory-invigorating ways.” ( tonepublications.com)

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
So I got the Cornwalls.. what a difference to the

do you have experience with them ?

what do you think about this statement ?

“While many speakers invite you to them, and beckon you toward music that happens between or behind them, Cornwall IV ushers the music to you in absolute effortless fashion. It’s a key distinction. Forget about needing to lean in or meet songs at a halfway point; Cornwall IV aims and directs the action right at you. If you’ve always desired your own concert venue, and can live without laser-sharp imaging and exacting specificity that let you debate the location of the row the mixing engineer intended you to be seated, Cornwall IV will likely cause you to ask, “Where have these been all my life?” Visceral, unapologetic, and the embodiment of engaging, Cornwall IV brings music alive in sensory-invigorating ways.” ( tonepublications.com)
I have owned the cornwalls 3 and loved every time I listened to them. In some ways the best speakers at any price.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing