Digitalitis

If the topic is purely we can hear different I’ve been saying this for years and agree.
but and here is the but if train ourselves over time we can and do agree more in that direction not cause of physical but memory

at shows as an example most of us walk in and out of rooms at the door we have been hit by what may please or dismay us.
is this purely physical or mental over time ?

The majority consensus here appears to be that because you don't have digitalitis then no one can possibly have digitalitis; because you do not have it you cannot countenance the theoretical possibility that other people do have it. Early flat-Earthers used the same faulty logic.

I give Joe Whip credit for taking the question seriously, and for considering the theoretical possibility posed.

Reactions: sujay
The majority consensus here appears to be that because you don't have digitalitis then no one can possibly have digitalitis; because you do not have it you cannot countenance the theoretical possibility that other people do have it. Early flat-Earthers used the same faulty logic.

I give Joe Whip credit for taking the question seriously, and for considering the theoretical possibility posed.
I was serious and I guess my post was not constructed well. I am in total agreement with your posts
I did add though some can be learned over time as well.
I'm sorry if one thinks I made any fun if the topic

I was serious and I guess my post was not constructed well. I am in total agreement with your posts
I did add though some can be learned over time as well.
I'm sorry if one thinks I made any fun if the topic
I did not think you are in the majority. I singled Joe out for a special mention only because he is 100% digital.

Reactions: Alrainbow
The only remedy for Digitalitis is a good shot of analogue. It’s the only known cure. :D

Reactions: Alrainbow
Reactions: tima
The problem, as I see it, with this subject is that it throws together the wide continuum between horrible digital and great digital into one basket.

Terrible digital audio, like what one hears in a restaurant, makes me want to run outside the door. Does this mean I have “digititas”?

The digital at home gives me great music that I can listen to without fatigue for hours. Does this mean I don’t have “digititas”?

The answer is no in both cases.

Reactions: Al M.
Thanks Ron, I have been to too many places and have seen too many things not to keep an open mind. The human brain is a very complex instrument. It would be interesting to devise some sort of test for this subject. BTW, I do have a nice TT and plenty of records. I just like digital better.

Reactions: Ron Resnick
Digitalitis is a condition experienced by some people which causes them a slight discomfort, unease or fatigue when listening to sounds, speech or music which has been converted from analog form to a digital format.
It causes me serious damage that sometimes takes days to recover from. I can't listen to most digital recordings for more than a few seconds.

No, no, no. You are regressing to your muscle memory of the old argument.

This thread is about a different topic. Your reply reflects the argument that "the only reason you disagree with me is because your wrong."

Please try opening your mind to the theoretical possibility that different humans have different physiological sensitivities and, therefore, perceive the same thing differently.
Ron, no regressing simply a way to objectively provide additional data points.

I encourage you to open your mind to the possibility that - if you compare A B A that maybe, just maybe it's in folks' heads (convincing more folks) more than anything.

Reactions: wil
I think digitalitis is a fertile area for original research.

Are you undertaking that research in this thread? When I first saw your word I thought it meant inflammation of the digital. Perhaps that is what you are describing?

--------------------------------

Folks you are being taken for a ride. 'Digitalitis' is a word made up by Ron. By analogy to a possible effect of a particular video projector he created a physical condition he claims that his word describes.

The thread gains traction from those confusing other words or other made-up combinations of letters with Ron's made up word.

If you have difficulties with this word, Ron uses one of his verbal tricks, telling you to open your mind to its possibility. The implication being that if you do not actually consider it you are not open-minded.

Ron loves to create threads and see people respond. It drives reader response which increases forum eyeball count which is appealing to advertisers. Here he has taken this practice to a fabricated topic, probably just to see how far he can go with his technique. In marketing terms, a thread with a one word title such as Digitalitis is known as click-bait.

Ron is having fun. I have made up an adjective for characterizing this: it is resnickless activity. Although the nominalists will squawk there is also a noun form: resnicklessness; and the adverb resnicklessly.

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75
Are you undertaking that research in this thread? When I first saw your word I thought it meant inflammation of the digital. Perhaps that is what you are describing?

--------------------------------

Folks you are being taken for a ride. 'Digitalitis' is a word made up by Ron. By analogy to a possible effect of a particular video projector he created a physical condition he claims that his word describes.

The thread gains traction from those confusing other words or other made-up combinations of letters with Ron's made up word.

If you have difficulties with this word, Ron uses one of his verbal tricks, telling you to open your mind to its possibility. The implication being that if you do not actually consider it you are not open-minded.

Ron loves to create threads and see people respond. It drives reader response which increases forum eyeball count which is appealing to advertisers. Here he has taken this practice to a fabricated topic, probably just to see how far he can go with his technique. In marketing terms, a thread with a one word title such as Digitalitis is known as click-bait.

Ron is having fun. I have made up an adjective for characterizing this: it is resnickless activity. Although the nominalists will squawk there is also a noun form: resnicklessness; and the adverb resnicklessly.

I see you're back to your condescension -- full of sarcasm; light on relevance.

I made up the word digitalitis, obviously. I think the word well fits the theory.

There is nothing fabricated about this topic. And how obnoxious of you to suggest it is.

I actually think there's a high likelihood that digitalitis explains a lot of the consternation underlying the endless digital versus analog debates.

Instead of the disingenuous claim that I am not serious about this theory, how about responding with something relevant and intelligent?

How about explaining with logic and evidence why you think the analogy is inapposite?

How about explaining why the argument that this theory is preposterous per se is not substantially the same as the argument of the original flat-Earthers?

There is no verbal trick here. I am proposing a clear and straightforward theory.

You are right about one thing: if you are not open-minded to the theoretical possibility proffered, then you are not open-minded.

Does anyone suffer from Digitalitis when the music is recorded digitally ie, Digital to Analogue ?

Is Vinylitis a thing too? Some sensitive to clicks and pops.?

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75
I see you're back to your condescension -- full of sarcasm; light on relevance.

I made up the word digitalitis, obviously. I think the word well fits the theory.

There is nothing fabricated about this topic. And how obnoxious of you to suggest it is.

I actually think there's a high likelihood that digitalitis explains a lot of the consternation underlying the endless digital versus analog debates.

Instead of the disingenuous claim that I am not serious about this theory, how about responding with something relevant and intelligent?

How about explaining with logic and evidence why you think the analogy is inapposite?

How about explaining why the argument that this theory is preposterous per se is not substantially the same as the argument of the original flat-Earthers?

There is no verbal trick here. I am proposing a clear and straightforward theory.

You are right about one thing: if you are not open-minded to the theoretical possibility proffered, then you are not open-minded.

Putting to one side the debates about the sonic merits of analog versus digital, and putting to one side the cost/benefit analyses of convenience versus sound quality, and putting to one side the miracle of unlimited music access from streaming, is it possible that an actual physiological condition of some kind, perhaps analogous to the well-known and uncontroversial DLP projector rainbow effect in video, could explain why some audiophiles have trouble cottoning to the sound of opera?

Putting aside all else, Wow there are people who don't like the sound of opera, or opera?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Audire

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing