Digitalitis

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
As if we need more cowbell.

Maybe it will be better understood when a therapy is developed.

or obscurity descends when we demand answers where there are no real questions? ;)

Potential itis - gotta love it.
That therapy is already there waiting for rediscovery… we call it the music (please mama make all the other bad noises go away lol :eek: :)) and darn those other wayward non-audiophile mortals who spend way less and worry way less and still enjoy music :eek::eek::eek:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
...Too.many audiophiles seem to be in the business of masking problems rather than solving them. ...I solved my problems with electronics, room acoustics and set-up...

...Another thing that I found is that the better the system becomes, the more recordings turn out to be excellent or very good. I have learned to blame the recording last. Often laying that blame turns out to be just a copout, and the problems lie elsewhere, system, room, set-up. Of course, there will remain those recordings that are irredeemable.
I certainly have personally experienced and observed the part in bold above in our own system as it has continued to evolve and improve. It does not turn a Furtwangler recording into a BIS Suzuki recording...but the Furtwangler shockingly becomes more than listenable and actually becomes quite easy to listen to and beyond that, the performance itself then takes primacy where it is a riveting experience...whereas before (at least for me) some of his original recordings were previously something I really had to concentrate on 'listening through' the noise to get to the music.

This bold part above has been a massive discovery for me over the last 14 years starting with 2 major acquisitions, the original Zanden 5000S DAC and the Wilson X1/Grand SLAMMS, then next with a long sequence of incremental acquisitions when we first started experimenting with equipment isolation (as opposed to just plonking it down on a tv shelf.) Initially, what was a discovery of detail became far more nuanced as a discovery that with that detail came a surprising amount of 'life' in the music (for lack of a better term)...real life...where somehow as the system became more and more resolved, and its reproduction more and more resolute, it managed to 'dig into' the original recordings better.

I am (only after a year of listening to hundreds of albums) starting to appreciate the depth of the Robert Koda electronics in this very regard...and so it continues...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing