Deleted

Republicoftexas69

Do you suffer from night-terrors ? :eek: Did you own the" Filthy Weekend" model ?
Why no love for Zu speakers?
Okay I was kidding...:oops:

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
I started hifi at 17's old, these days i design/build my own speakers from the scratch. Too late!
But you could build them outside using the natural materials available in your immediate area.

It has been done in the field of art:

1711647909974.png

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Reactions: cjfrbw and matsurus

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
There is mention of religion there Al, that might just get the whole thread closed down ! :eek:

Anyone who takes a look at the link will realize that your worries are

Much Ado About Nothing

Reactions: PYP

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Maybe i should contact this guy, we could spin carbon nanotubes and make aerogel speakers in my backyard:
seems to me this guy is really into vintage (therefore no nanotubes or aerogel). I'm pretty sure he could make you an inert cabinet, maybe with a flue to let out the great sound. Please do provide a link to your video of the experience. Maybe on another thread since this one is about nothing or should I say the absence of something.

Good luck!

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
Is that the Zu mascot or Devore ? ;)
not sure. It did sell for $6.7 million. Perhaps to John DeVore. Speaker business must be pretty good these days. @matsurus please take note!

Reactions: matsurus

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Do you suffer from night-terrors ? :eek: Did you own the" Filthy Weekend" model ?
"Dirty weekend" model, Milan! "Dirty weekend". At least get your salacious labels right.

matsurus

Aug 24, 2023
Thats easy in the summer :cool:
True! I wouldn't even want to think what it would make to do that in the finnish wintern..

When i was in the army, i did on my nightwatch a cross out of pine resin. I collected resin, used lighter to separate the lighter liquid and used large mushroom as a mould with knife. It resulted in palmsize cross like made out of dark glass.

It was fun to make mates guess how i how i got it. my favourite was: "Satan gave it to you!"

• Haha
Reactions: Al M.

matsurus

Aug 24, 2023
It doesnt look very " natural " though that statue . :cool:
Yup, its casted metal, probably bronze.. But let's not tell it to PYP.
Chemicals used to in casting that stuff are incredible hazardous though..

When i was i child we used to have a couple as a neigbours who casted bronze and sculpted also from other materials. They both died later from being exposed to chemicals over years and years, crazy stuff.

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Reactions: cjfrbw

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
There's so much nothing here, it's almost turning into something. Need to get the thread back on track or the pointless void will be forgotten.

Reactions: bonzo75 and PYP

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
There's so much nothing here, it's almost turning into something. Need to get the thread back on track or the pointless void will be forgotten.

Back on track to what?

Nothing?

There's Much Ado About Nothing here, and we should keep it that way.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Arguing about nothing is entirely in the spirit of the non-thread.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
  • Haha
Reactions: Al M. and Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing