dCS Bartok & MQA

Daverich4

May 8, 2020
Does anyone know if the MQA processing in the Bartok is out of the signal path if you’re not using it? Thanks.

Republicoftexas69

MQA is no longer supported and they are out of business.

Daverich4

May 8, 2020
MQA is no longer supported and they are out of business.
According to dCS, the current Bartok offers full decoding and rendering of MQA. I don’t care about the status of the company, my question is whether MQA processing is out of the circuit if the file is not MQA. There are a number of other DACs where the signal goes through MQA processing whether it needs to or not.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Yes, its out of the path. MQA is only on when playing a MQA file for all of dCS's products including the Bartok.

Reactions: Lee

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
Just for future reference, there is a dCS Community where users and staff provide specific support. It’s free to join.

Reactions: Lee

Republicoftexas69

According to dCS, the current Bartok offers full decoding and rendering of MQA. I don’t care about the status of the company, my question is whether MQA processing is out of the circuit if the file is not MQA. There are a number of other DACs where the signal goes through MQA processing whether it needs to or not.
Guess you need to ask Bartok, I do not have these worries with LL Echo’s End Ref. Hope you find your answer.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
dCS has a perfect MQA implementation. You can really hear the benefits on many Tidal tracks.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

Daverich4

May 8, 2020
dCS has a perfect MQA implementation. You can really hear the benefits on many Tidal tracks.
Hi Lee - I know you're a fan but I have zero interest in MQA. Nor in relitigating the years of acrimony over the subject of MQA. Just wanted to know if everything went through the MQA circuitry in the Bartok or not. I have that answer and have been pointed in the direction of more information so I think I'm good. Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing