Cyclop to v2 upgrade

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Caelin, Grant,

Can you give an estimate when this will start? My recent Triton swap to a v2, along with cable upgrades to Sigma, has me wanting to finish the job. I have two Cyclops, and I am sure going to v2 will take the system a notch higher.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Bud, send an email to customer service for the details of the upgrade. It is not on the website yet but we are setup to do the upgrade now.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
The two Cyclops arrived at Shunyata today. Hopefully, they will be back here by next Friday. Tomorrow I will be listening to the stereo for the first time in a long time where they are directly attached to the wall. Hope my musical memory is good enough to detect a change, and vice versa after they get back here. :)

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
After sending my Cyclops back to be upgraded, I am now 'forced' to listen to the amps directly attached to the wall plug, ZR-71, via a Sigma HC. My impression from last night, and so far today, is that while it sounds good, there appears to be a grunge, harshness, or slight edge to the music.

When I first installed the Cyclops, after being very used to the sound from being directly attached to the wall, my impression was the background became quieter, and the amps seemed to open up. Now it seems to have reverted back, so, perhaps, my impression was correct. I will certainly find out when I reinstall the v2 version.

It is interesting how the Cyclops improves the sound of the amps, especially when you consider the power train from the wall plug; Zitron Anaconda, Cyclops, Sigma HC, amp.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
It is interesting how the Cyclops improves the sound of the amps, especially when you consider the power train from the wall plug; Zitron Anaconda, Cyclops, Sigma HC, amp.

It occurred to me this is a 3.5 meter $8k power cord with four additional DTCD drop points. I wonder how it would compare to an $8k bling power cord? I need to look at crowd sourcing so I can do comparison testing. :)

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Received my upgraded Cyclops today (Wednesday), and even the serial number tag is upgraded. They are burning in now to be ready for the strenuous Friday night test. This was a good turn around. Shunyata received them last Thursday.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
It is now 11:34 Saturday PST, and I have been listening to the v2 Cyclops since 18:00 yesterday. Maybe I should listen even longer to verify my impression. :)

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
It is now 11:34 Saturday PST, and I have been listening to the v2 Cyclops since 18:00 yesterday. Maybe I should listen even longer to verify my impression. :)

Bluefox, thanks for the ongoing update. How are things sounding now?

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Absolutely great. Dead quiet so notes just pop out of no where.

Side note: Just a few minutes ago I attached a ground from the PS chassis of the preamp to the Triton ground lugs. First test was crank up the volume with no input, and there is no hum. It's nice and quiet. I can't say at this point it is better, but most definitely is not worse. I need to listen late into the night once the ambient noise dies down for further impressions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing