CS PORT STATIC ELIMINATOR 1ME1

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I have both CSport and DS, they do a similar job in terms of performance however CSport has the edge on practicality. Its adjustable stand allows it to go with most of TTs, whereas DS audio is hard to implement for some TTs, especially those large square shaped ones.
How do you find the CS port Turntables compared to others youv owned?

How do you find your CS port Phono Stage compared to any others you have owned,

Thoughts id ask on your opinions as you seem to have some very excellent gear.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Has anyone compared the static-removal efficacy of the CS Port IME1 to the Furutech Destat III?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Has anyone compared the static-removal efficacy of the CS Port IME1 to the Furutech Destat III?
the Furutech is a 'pre-play' anti-static treatment. it's effect will wear off over time. my observation is that these type treatments last 10-12 or up to 15 or so minutes. not a full side.

not personally used the Destat III. but i have used and own multiple products with similar capabilities. these products do work, but have limits. note reviewer's comments about the Destat III predate the introduction of continuous anti-static negative ion devices.

the IME1 is continuous ant-static treatment. no time limit to the effect. and you don't have to even think about any pre-treatment....just play the damn record.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
the Furutech is a 'pre-play' anti-static treatment. it's effect will wear off over time. my observation is that these type treatments last 10-12 or up to 15 or so minutes. not a full side.

not personally used the Destat III. but i have used and own multiple products with similar capabilities. these products do work, but have limits. note reviewer's comments about the Destat III predate the introduction of continuous anti-static negative ion devices.

the IME1 is continuous ant-static treatment. no time limit to the effect. and you don't have to even think about any pre-treatment....just play the damn record.

Thank you.

I assume you have to swing the active head device over the turntable after you have placed the record on the platter? So it does require physical manipulation every time you play a record, yes?

I read a review of this device which reported that it is clunky to also use the demagnetization function, as the active head device must be much closer to the record for demagnetization than it needs to be for de-staticing. Would you agree with this?

Do you attach the ground lug to a ground in your electrical system?

Last edited:

Nathanu

VIP/Donor
Dec 14, 2020
I echo the benefits of a continuous running device. I have and occasionally use the Furutech Destat III. I also have and always use the DS Audio ION-001. The ION-001 is ”plug and play” and requires nothing more than the flick of a switch. It is very stable and requires no fuss. If your plinth and/or platter stack up too high, you may need to place the ION-101 on a base. I use a hockey puck like piece of hard rubber.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Thank you.

I assume you have to swing the active head device over the turntable after you have placed the record on the platter? So it does require physical manipulation every time you play a record, yes?

I read a review of this device which reported that it is clunky to also use the demagnetization function, as the active head device must be much closer to the record for demagnetization than it needs to be for de-staticing. Would you agree with this?

You don't need to swing it over. It stays in one place at the edge of the record so it's easy to place and remove records. It does not get in the way. Yes, technically for the demag you are supposed to lower it down which could be annoying. I don't use the demag. I also don't use the ground lug. One of my favorite audio purchases ever. Makes vinyl SO much more enjoyable especially in the cold dry months here.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thank you.

no. the base sits on the plinth, and the counterbalanced arm holds the device which sits over a corner of the platter. the emitter is out of the way of disc handling completely. you press the green button at the beginning of a session, and turn it off at the end. using it is completely transparent to any record changing. maybe in some situations with multiple arms it might present an obstacle to work around. depending on plinth design. which is why my 2 tone arm NVS is using the DS Audio 001-ion instead. the IME1 does not fit with 2 tone arms. rather it fits but it's a bit too tight.
1678415009368.png
i ignore the demag function. not worth the bother to lower and raise. but it is an option.
not bothered with this yet.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you very much, Mike!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That is very helpful to visualize everything, Mike. Thank you!

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I bought one out of curiosity, without any real expectation that it would work as advertised. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it exceeded my expectations. As a result, I have purchased more for all of my tables.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I bought one out of curiosity, without any real expectation that it would work as advertised. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it exceeded my expectations. As a result, I have purchased more for all of my tables.

Did you consider the DS Audio Ion 001?

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Did you consider the DS Audio Ion 001?
I haven't compared this device to other similar ones. I had doubts about it from the beginning, and the Csport was the first one I experimented with. However, I would expect that DS Audio will also produce similarly excellent results.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Ordered today via one of the CSPort UK Dealers the IME1 (complete with the CSPort HLD-1 Stand).

Dealer said it will take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive here in the UK.

Very much looking forward to using it and hopefully eliminating all my current static issues along with those horrible ticks and pops.

p.s.;
I have done a write up this evening in the WBF 'Alternative static eliminator for vinyl playback' thread on my current experiences with the Milty gun and one of those cheap plasma arc barbecue lighters some people are raving about that can eliminate static from a record surface.

I have also bought a 'NEWTRY' / 'SIMCO' FMX-300 hand-held Electrostatic Field Meter today which will arrive tomorrow so I will be able to take proper readings of static build up on my records from cleaning them on my RCM to using the Milty gun and the plasma arc lighter to putting them on the TT and playing the LP.
And I will also be able to see from such static measurements of the record surfaces how good the CSPort IME1 will be in 2 to 3 weeks time !

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Do they make a special attachment for a tall table like this?

Attachments

• 63E39D14-6C55-42E5-BAC2-B420481B28BD.jpeg
    63E39D14-6C55-42E5-BAC2-B420481B28BD.jpeg
    758.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think you'd have to put this one (as well as the DS Audio Ion 001) on some sort of platform or base.

Reactions: Audire

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Do they make a special attachment for a tall table like this?
there is no actual designated platform or base. it's all a matter of how tall your platter is above whatever surface you place the ion-001 on. the base of the Ion is basically 4" x 4". so maybe you need a 1", or 2", or 3" platform 4" x 4" to get the emitters above the platter by the designated distance. there are as many different sizes as there are plinths and rack surfaces.

i'm using the wood case for a Thorens record weight as my little platform. but it will be different in every case. i'd like a dark hardwood 2" x 4" x 4" block the same size so it blends with my Daiza platform and ion case and does not stick out. but have not found a source for that yet.

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
there is no actual designated platform or base. it's all a matter of how tall your platter is above whatever surface you place the ion-001 on. the base of the Ion is basically 4" x 4". so maybe you need a 1", or 2", or 3" platform 4" x 4" to get the emitters above the platter by the designated distance. there are as many different sizes as there are plinths and rack surfaces.

i'm using the wood case for a Thorens record weight as my little platform. but it will be different in every case. i'd like a dark hardwood 2" x 4" x 4" block the same size so it blends with my Daiza platform and ion case and does not stick out. but have not found a source for that yet.

Thanks Mike. I have an excellent anti static device now (Furutech) but this looks much better. It eliminates static “continuously“, as opposed to once as my present device does. My platter is really high - 15.75” from the stand. So locating an 12” stand won’t be easy. I’ll write the company to see if they have an elevated base available. I’ll write J. Sikora as well. Thanks again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing