CS PORT STATIC ELIMINATOR 1ME1

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
This item recently discovered by a few audiophiles, is remarkably effective...

RONXS Lighter​

240F267C-092B-4FE6-AD4D-839981D52F7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: matakana

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I light the little arc, then holding about 1cm over the record, while its spinning, I pass the arc back and forth a few times over the grooves. I find it much more effective than my old zero-stat gun.

Reactions: Vienna and matakana

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I did not notice, originally, the CSPort also does demag. I’ve not heard what effect that has, so as I say “you don’t know what you haven’t heard .” I am curious.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
$17 vs $2,300 and they do the same thing? Thank you Bobvin. Assuming they do or their effectiveness are relatively close for the intended purpose, I think I know which one I'm going to buy. Maybe the "damag" is the reason for the minor price discrepancy.

Last edited:

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
They don’t do the same thing. I also have the Zerostat gun and the USB lighter BTW. These won’t fully prevent/eliminate the static build up when playing whereas the DS Audio and CS Port are highly efficient in that perspective (not a single zap since I have been using them). The price of the CS Port is €1740 at the official French distributor. The DS Audio is actually slightly more expensive.

Reactions: Bobvin

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I am using the cs port static eliminator and its sop much more clarity more open and relax sound better focus on midrange more open and shinny treble....

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Former BBQ lighter user, got the IME1 today. No comparison. All static is removed completely and it does sound better.

Reactions: amadeus

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Read about the Ronx lighter . Bought it, test it & threw it :D

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Got the CS Port IME1 Static Eliminator today with the HLD1 'holder' stand.

thumbs up. easy ROI. reduces/removes most static; slightly enhances dynamics, and noticeably adds vividness and clarity to mids and highs. no sonic trade-offs i can hear. i'm not using the built-in 'demag' function as it requires a repositioning (lowering) of the unit, which i won't mess with. i have an Acoustic Revive RL-30 demag unit sitting on a cabinet in my hallway outside my room, next to my KLaudio RCM and have not used it for 10 years. demag works, but is never easy.

this is easy.

i will use the IME1 every time. just press the button and you have constant static elimination going on.

not tried the DS unit; but with the proximity advantage of the CS Port unit i suspect the CS Port might work some degrees more effectively, but conversely it's more in the way. i just have to be careful as it can tip over.

it is easy to move and adjust it for each of my 4 turntables.

Last edited:

djsina2

May 30, 2019

thumbs up. easy ROI. removes most static; and adds vividness and clarity to mids and highs. no sonic trade-offs i can hear. i'm not using the built-in 'demag' function as it requires a repositioning (lowering) of the unit, which i won't mess with. i have an Acoustic Revive RL-30 demag unit sitting on a cabinet in my hallway outside my room, next to my KLaudio RCM and have not used it for 10 years. demag works, but is never easy.

this is easy.

i will use the IME1 every time. just press the button and you have constant static elimination going on.

not tried the DS unit; but with the proximity advantage of the CS Port unit i suspect the CS Port might work some degrees more effectively, but conversely it's more in the way. i just have to be careful as it can tip over.

I was listening one night and thought to myself, something doesn't sound right. I noticed I forgot to turn on the IME1. It's a subtle but noticeable improvement in SQ for me and the elimination of static is a huge bonus in my cold dry climate.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

thumbs up. easy ROI. reduces/removes most static; slightly enhances dynamics, and noticeably adds vividness and clarity to mids and highs. no sonic trade-offs i can hear. i'm not using the built-in 'demag' function as it requires a repositioning (lowering) of the unit, which i won't mess with. i have an Acoustic Revive RL-30 demag unit sitting on a cabinet in my hallway outside my room, next to my KLaudio RCM and have not used it for 10 years. demag works, but is never easy.

this is easy.

Mike, no "four, for the price of one" option?

Reactions: matakana

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike, no "four, for the price of one" option?
it seems like an easy thing to move it and adjust the height for the specific spot. not sure i would like 4 of these things sitting around. one is ok. there are obvious places for each plinth/rack to place it. i have an extension cord to a spot in the middle so the power cord reaches easily to all the places. but until all my pieces arrive (FCL arm, Dava cart and EM/IA phono) and i actually am doing most sessions with multiple tt's and live with it, i can't say how that will go.

this is easier than a record brush to use. press a button and then forget it as long as you are using that tt. turn it off at the end.

in my multiple tt situation not sure i have a spot at each tt for the DS unit. the IME1 has a small footprint. if i only had one tt then i could figure out a spot for the DS probably.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Read about the Ronx lighter . Bought it, test it & threw it :D
Its a poor tradesman that blames his tools ! You have to zap the vinyl before placing on the platter. Zapping while on the platter is no where near as effective.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I have it but have not installed it yet.

nickif

May 17, 2013
I have both CSport and DS, they do a similar job in terms of performance however CSport has the edge on practicality. Its adjustable stand allows it to go with most of TTs, whereas DS audio is hard to implement for some TTs, especially those large square shaped ones.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing