CS PORT STATIC ELIMINATOR 1ME1

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks Mike. I have an excellent anti static device now (Furutech) but this looks much better. It eliminates static “continuously“, as opposed to once as my present device does. My platter is really high - 15.75” from the stand. So locating an 12” stand won’t be easy. I’ll write the company to see if they have an elevated base available. I’ll write J. Sikora as well. Thanks again.
Joe,

the emitters on the tower are half way up and above. so you will likely need a 4"-5" base, not 12" to get the bottom emitter above the platter. i will find my manual and post the actual measurements later.

my NVS tt has the platter 8"-9" above the rack surface. but 12" is pretty tall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audire

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
the tower is 10" tall, the lowest emitter is 5.5" above the bottom. so add one inch, you'd need a 6.5"-7" tall 4" x 4" block of wood or something with some heft to stay stable. might need to stabilize it one way or another if it's that tall. also consider the CS Port IME1 and see if there is a spot around your plinth that might work. the base is fairly small.

the other variable for the DS ion-001 is distance from the platter. there is a maximum distance where beyond that the effectiveness drops off. mine is 1 inch away. over 3-4 inches the percentage of effectiveness drops way off.

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
the tower is 10" tall, the lowest emitter is 5.5" above the bottom. so add one inch, you'd need a 6.5"-7" tall 4" x 4" block of wood or something with some heft to stay stable. might need to stabilize it one way or another if it's that tall. also consider the CS Port IME1 and see if there is a spot around your plinth that might work. the base is fairly small.

the other variable for the DS ion-001 is distance from the platter. there is a maximum distance where beyond that the effectiveness drops off. mine is 1 inch away. over 3-4 inches the percentage of effectiveness drops way off.

Thanks MIke. I’ll see if I can locate someone who can build this for me. I figure it would work between the two arms on the right side as I’m facing the table. Thanks again.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Even though the CSPort UK Dealer I am buying the IME1 from said the DS Audio ION-001 has a better performance than the IME1 who sells both of them (contrary to WBF members experiences), I went for the IME1 as it is easier to locate and use in my set up i.e. for now it will sit on top of my spare Kuzma XL DC Tonearm Tower which is fitted with a Reed 3P tonearm plate so I will look at seeing if I can actually screw the IME1 to the top of the tower to make it very secure.
Locating the DS Audio ION-001 in my set-up would be more difficult. PLus I have the demag feature in my IME1 too.

Reactions: SOS and Maurits

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Shout out to @Mike Lavigne for turning me on to the CS Port IME-1 & C3EQM2 phono stage. The IME-1 does keep dust/stray hairs off the album and I hear less "clicks" and slightly better dimensionality as well. Easy to use and no more worries. The CS Port phono is breaking in nicely...more to come on that unit.
Thanks Mike! ;)

Attachments

• 20230417_121851.jpg
    20230417_121851.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 32
  • C3EQM2.jpg
    C3EQM2.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 31

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Shout out to @Mike Lavigne for turning me on to the CS Port IME-1 & C3EQM2 phono stage. The IME-1 does keep dust/stray hairs off the album and I hear less "clicks" and slightly better dimensionality as well. Easy to use and no more worries. The CS Port phono is breaking in nicely...more to come on that unit.
Thanks Mike! ;)
Dead Quiet Tube Phono even compared to many solid state

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
I bought an SPI Westek workstation ionizer from a vender on Ebay. The reading on my static meter went to zero after about 6 or 7 revolutions of the platter and stayed there. It is supposed to be effective up to 12", a bit further than the DS Audio, and I can just leave it right next to the turntable where it does not get in the way. I experimented with turning it on halfway through an LP, and there is a noticeable reduction in the low level static grunge, with worthwhile improvement in clarity and detail. The cost is US$275.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I bought an SPI Westek workstation ionizer from a vender on Ebay. The reading on my static meter went to zero after about 6 or 7 revolutions of the platter and stayed there. It is supposed to be effective up to 12", a bit further than the DS Audio, and I can just leave it right next to the turntable where it does not get in the way. I experimented with turning it on halfway through an LP, and there is a noticeable reduction in the low level static grunge, with worthwhile improvement in clarity and detail. The cost is US$275.
Can you specify which exact Westek model you're using, thanks. They have a few.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
The model number is 94000
Lucky that's not the price...although I can see one made by SAT retailing for that in less than a decade

• Haha
Reactions: mtemur

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Yes, and 94000 will be the price, 94001 to UK (non) customers like me.
Adrian, appreciate the heads up on this.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I can not remember the brand but similar things were around $75 ten years ago.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I can not remember the brand but similar things were around $75 ten years ago.
Yep, and top TTs were $10k etc etc etc.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You're not alone in complaining, lol.

Reactions: mtemur

Chauncey79

Oct 26, 2023
Thanks MIke. I’ll see if I can locate someone who can build this for me. I figure it would work between the two arms on the right side as I’m facing the table. Thanks again.
Audire did you ever find someone to build a platform for your DS ION-001? I've got a similar setup so looking for recommendations!

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
same here...

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

very effective. Detail and bass are improved.

Reactions: Dishman442 and sbo6

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing